Predictable weather? Anyone out this weekend?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Club match for me Sunday on the Aylesbury arm of the GUC.
A narrowish stretch holding some good fish.
Blanked today on an old town centre mill stream which was the highest level I've ever seen it.
Anyone out this weekend?

barbelboi

Reaction score
As the prediction is for a southerly and double figures all next week I'll be out a couple of times, might even take my shorts and try for some tench............;)

C

chefster

I was at TBF today ,the match was split over Jenny,s and Club,due to a bit of flooding,weather wise ,it was good,we had a bit of early snow mind...Fishing was hard 39 lb odd won our lake,my 15 lb odd only good enough for 3rd on the lake(which i should of doubled,but for lost fish and missed bites!!) Jenny,s was won with 5o lb,30 + fished,so a decent turnout,cheers ,Chef

nicepix

Reaction score
Our weather forecast is a bit hit and miss so I'll reserve judgement. It will need to get a couple of degrees warmer before I venture out with the rods. The last few days have been around 7 - 8C and it put a stop to all the false spring activity of last week. I'm fancying a trip to the Vienne trotting or quiver tipping for roach dependent on levels and colour of the water. I've just brought a tonne of horse sh1t for the garden and harvested a couple of hundred red worms out of it and also made a batch of cheese paste so bait is sorted.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A morning over the Bec with the lures and a few big fat lobs see if the perch are going to play. A dry day forecast at the moment 9c.

slaphead

Reaction score
Was out on a club water today, 1-2c, fish curled up in bed having a duvet day.

Anyone got a good home for some mixed maggots, slowly dying of ammonia.

Collection only. :D

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
My local rivers are still in the fields so it will be a weekend at home with comfort food and a decent bottle of wine . . . . . . . again.

More rain is forecast too so I doubt there will be an improvement.

mick b

Reaction score
My local rivers are still in the fields so it will be a weekend at home with comfort food and a decent bottle of wine . . . . . . . again.

:eek:mg:
Your problem water today will be our headache tomorrow and all next week I suppose..:eek:mg:

I keep looking at the flooded fields hoping to see a fin break the surface, sadly nothing yet :eek:mg:

And now or trees are starting to fall over, really really sad.
:eek:mg:

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I've just had a cataract operation (at great expense!) so allowing for a recovery period I cannot see me out again until next week, but judging by the forecast I shan't be missing much (I keep telling myself!)......

Only a few more weeks and I can spend another vast sum of money on new glasses both for general wear and 'specials' for fishing......(many groans and wringing of hands, as another new rod bites the dust...)

No fun, growing old......................................... BUT good luck to those casting a line!!

neil1970

Reaction score
I've had four one to two hour sessions this week, all blanks.

The last one (this morning) was far more encouraging with a lot of fish activity round my bait, so I'm hopefully going back to that exact spot next week to see what happens:)

nicepix

Reaction score

You could always stay in Aberdeen for the culture :wh

badgeroo

Reaction score
Hi all!
now we have moved back to Worcester, me and the lad are going to give the Birmingham and Worcester canal at stoke pound if the conditions are right ( I plan to take him to the very first peg I fished ( hopefully I will show him how its done!;):thumbs::wh) We will be fishing pole and waggler with a selection of baits including bread, worm and maggots.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
badgeroo.....................are you SURE your lad wants to see your old swim rather than be out with his mates (or girlfriend!)??

Sounds like a no brainer to me!

I expect he's saying "better humour the old chap" under his breath......and in the meantime plotting your downfall, and serves you right!

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just checked the weather for London A dry weekend after a early wet start on Saturday and a fair week ahead mild Temperatures 4C / 9C increasing to 10c and the wind staying in the south all week with some showers.

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 ----------

Change of plan the Bec can wait till next week going to give the back run at Hoe Mill a go chub hopefully the river will have dropped enough to give us a fighting chance with the chub.:) It has dropped .3 of a metre this afternoon lets hope it is down a fair bit more by Sunday morning.

badgeroo

Reaction score
Tee-cee Mate knowledge is power and he is being a bit gobby

Last edited:

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just checked the weather for London A dry weekend after a early wet start on Saturday and a fair week ahead mild Temperatures 4C / 9C increasing to 10c and the wind staying in the south all week with some showers.

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 ----------

Change of plan the Bec can wait till next week going to give the back run at Hoe Mill a go chub hopefully the river will have dropped enough to give us a fighting chance with the chub.:) It has dropped .3 of a metre this afternoon lets hope it is down a fair bit more by Sunday morning.

All change again the Chelmer has risen half a metre over night and has only just stopped rising. So it is over the Bec my club lake with my eldest son and youngest grandson for a mornings lure fishing Start 6-30 am and home for Sunday lunch about 2 pm. The 1st of February today only six weeks of the season left on the rivers going to be catch as catch can by the looks of the weather nice and mild next week though.

sampras43

Reaction score
Planning on having a go on the GUC later this week on bread, worm and maggot. A stretch I don't know but a friend has put me on to. May try waggler and bread feeder.