ZIG RIG WORLD RECORD

john willetts

Reaction score
Can anybody help me with this one??

I have just returned from MIRROR POOL the well known big fish water in western France.

My week started poorly with few fish taking baits in the far margins, or deep water bottom baits in more open water. After 3 days of little success (although one of my group did beat his p.b. Common with a fish of 45lb plus) I decided that I would try Zig rigs in open water. The fish had started showing on the surface but with little interest in floating baits.

After careful plumbing of the whole area (from the Boathouse swim) I decided to use 17-18ft Zigs. Not an easy task but I eventually perfected the casts & settled down to what I beleived would be a lengthy wait. Within 30 minutes however, I was playing my first 'Zigged' french carp. After what seemed a very short fight & relatively simple netting by one of my friends, I was staring in disbelief as the scales turned to show my p.b. French carp of 60lb 8oz. ABSOLUTELY PURE MAGIC.

My problem is this!!! IS THIS CAPTURE A WORLD RECORD?? I cannot find reference to Zig rig caught carp records anywhere. If you can help, or know someone who can, or even know of a larger catch made on this method, Please let me know.

F

Frothey

nice fish.

depends where you draw the line between pop-ups and zigs, but i know theres been a 62+ from Les Quis on a zig..... sorry!