Give Bass a Go

mike47

Reaction score
£175 a day seems extremely expensive to me. Bass fishing is well known to anyone living near the coast and interested in fishing.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
£175 a day seems extremely expensive to me. Bass fishing is well known to anyone living near the coast and interested in fishing.

Anyone willing to pay that kind of money for something that is not that difficult to learn. It can be done just by watching the hundreds of anglers that partake of bass fishing these days wants there head examined. The returns are not what they were to say the least. Best bet is dawn with a rising tide or dusk. Do not expect to catch bass even if you go with a guide.

mick b

Reaction score
Two season ago I skippered a boat while the fluff chucking owner landed 31 Bass is as many minutes, all 12oz schoolies except for a couple of keepers.

All the time I was doing this a certain un-named 'guide' was trying to get a Bass for one of his clients :eek:mg:
All happened around one of the Solent Forts, just incase he reads this.

As for availability, I broke my PB for a UK Bass last year (12.6 returned) only for another angler on the boat to beat mine by 3/4lb next cast :eek:
Four of us took 27 Bass that day, five of which were doubles, I was top rod and retained just two, both around 2kg, the best size for eating IMO.

As Mike says, if your near the coast they are there without lashing out £175 for a 'guide'.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Two season ago I skippered a boat while the fluff chucking owner landed 31 Bass is as many minutes, all 12oz schoolies except for a couple of keepers.

All the time I was doing this a certain un-named 'guide' was trying to get a Bass for one of his clients :eek:mg:
All happened around one of the Solent Forts, just incase he reads this.

As for availability, I broke my PB for a UK Bass last year (12.6 returned) only for another angler on the boat to beat mine by 3/4lb next cast :eek:
Four of us took 27 Bass that day, five of which were doubles, I was top rod and retained just two, both around 2kg, the best size for eating IMO.

As Mike says, if your near the coast they are there without lashing out £175 for a 'guide'.

I used to fish the Casketts off Alderny with a man called Arnie Braeheart an Guernsey Skipper known as Arnie the bass god rest his soul. Four of us would book his boat for a week every Whitsun My best bass 15-8 I could not tell you how many double figure bass we caught over the years we fished with him there were so many . We fish one day out of the six for the boat the rest were returned. When he died we stopped going. Non of the Guernsey skippers would go in the Casketts and the Alderney skipper will not take you in there because it is there's and there,s alone they are a bit of a funny lot but not to be messed with.