Amplifying our Influence

stevejay

Reaction score
I think the quote from the environmentalist, considered by the author to be a potential ally for us anglers, sums up exactly why this is a very unwise, and dangerous suggestion.

"‘It might seem strange for a lover of the natural world to come out in favour of a hobby that involves catching and killing wild animals."

They might welcome our support but how long before they turn against us due to such a blinkered view!

john step

Reaction score
Martin, it might be the best course of action to magnify anglers efforts but I feel just as much effort should be put into educating the greenies who are by and large a narrow minded blinkered lot. Otherwise as the previous entry says they will eventually turn on us when it suits them.

richiekelly

Reaction score
Its all very well saying "cormarants apart" but the fact is a lot of waters have been decimated by these things, the RSPB and anglers are poles apart when it comes to this and in my view getting into bed with them would be a bad move.

The RSPB are far to savvy at manipulating the public as can be seen by their use of the otter in their PR even though they know otters are damaging wild bird populations, they have in the past purchased land that contained a fishery only to then ban angling, I believe they are not to be trusted and to even think about joining them in anything would lead to them using angling for their own ends before discarding us.

Dave Smith

Reaction score
Mmm RSPB!! would that be the same Royal Society for the PROTECTION of Birds.That has land with wind farms on that are killing the same Protected Birds its supposed to protect!:eek:mg: :wh:wh:wh don't trust them