Keith Culley Memorial Match

M

Mike Fidler

Ok chaps, for the second year running I've been nominated to organise the above event. The match is in honour of a contributor to Fishing magic (just like you and me) who sadly passed away the other year, and is open to all of us Fishing Magic members who would like to meet up, fish a match and have a natter with others in the pub afterwards. Last year we held the event at Clattercote resevoir which would have been great if only Foot and mouth hadn't intervened and ruined the fishing. Still a good day was had by all and we had nearly 30 people turn out. This time I would like suggestion's for a water in a central location and with good fish stocks that will lend itself to pole and waggler fishing. If your interested in attending or have some suggestion's then please reply below.

M

Malcolm Bason

Yes I'd like to attend Mike if I'm able on the date to be chosen. I should be a bit more mobile this year!!!

How about the same venue?

C

Carp Angler

Clattercote was OK last year and should be better this year, what with it being warmer and the bailiffs not throwing tons of trout pellets at cold fish.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Clattercote is okay by me too. I think it's worth emphasising the point that because Keith was a pole angler we stipulate that the match is preferably pole fished, but rod/reel and float otherwise. But definitely no legering.

Last year the match was won by Coarse Fisherman editor Stu Dexter. This year we want to take the trophy off him!

A report of last year's match can be read <a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article.asp?SP=&v=1&UAN=1013>here</A>.

We're aiming to fish around mid-May.

M

Malcolm Bason

Oops, yes 18th May trust me!!! Doh! And yes, good for me too!!

D

Dave Johnson

me too.
looking forward to the fart off already.....

how come you learned about hyperlinks then Graham?

A

Alan Roe

Wendy you had better read the rules of Clattercote very carefully.......

Rule 19 subsection 4 States " The use of mbile phones as groundbait is expressly forbidden"............!

:)

P

Peter Morton

Like the sound of this,I would be delighted to attend.

PS.Alan i heard phones were permisable,but only if cupped in.

P

Peter Morton

Have a look here <a href=http://www.fisheries.co.uk/clattercote/>clattercote</a> wendy,it should give you the details.

Peter.

M

Malcolm Bason

Long time no hear Wendy! Clattercote is not far from me Wend - you could, errmm, pop in for a chat and a cup of tea? he he

W

Wendy Perry

i just had a look and yes i would love to go i will have to sweet talk Graham for directions :) or maybe follow you down Alan if your going.

I promise to leave my mobile in the car :)

Hello Malc how are ya chuck ;) i'm sorry if i popped in it would have to be for coffee lol

wend

M

Mike Parker

Why is everyone following everyone else down? Why not go back to the good old days and hire a Minibus? Stop at a Pub for brekky and at the end of the day only the driver has to stay sober and a good time WILL be had by all! whoops what I meant to say is its more Environmentally friendly.
If I'm up and about I'll come (even if it does mean fishing during the Close season) I might even use my Pole }o)~

M

Mike Parker

I've had a look at my Pole - no instructions in the tube or printed on the pole itself ??????? So i'll have to use a running line!

P

Paul Williams

I don't need instructions for mine......oh and welcome back Wendy!