Help with rod values please

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
A pal of mine has asked me to sell some rods for him.

They are pretty unuasual in that I cannot get a value from Ebay.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

1/ Seer hand build 20 foot trotting rod. Finished beautifully as new.
I suspect Andy Orme built.

2/ Heres a Gem.
A Bruce and Walker Hand built 15ft Magnus Opus 6000...blank more like a pole with rings.
Imaculate condition has Handbuilt for Geoff Bibby on it and no 17.

3/ Original Blue blank Shimano Ultegra Match 13ft 390F. Fast action Made in Japan. Few nibbles to handle rubber top. Blank/eyes perfect.

Comes with hardcase oblong rod tube with name on.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Graham.

sam vimes

Reaction score
3/ Original Blue blank Shimano Ultegra Match 13ft 390F. Fast action Made in Japan. Few nibbles to handle rubber top. Blank/eyes perfect.

Comes with hardcase oblong rod tube with name on.

Graham,
the prices for older Shimano match/feeder rods are notoriously random and unpredictable. So much so, that I'd probably avoid selling it on ebay. One week an older upper middle/top end Shimano rod will struggle to make £50. The following week the same rod will inexplicably sell for well in excess of £100. Sensible pricing would probably see it at between £50-75, but it may still not go quickly due to the slight damage.

The Seer sounds very interesting. I don't suppose there would have been many made. Nigh on impossible to value with any level of confidence. The kind of rod that will either do stupidly well, or very disappointingly.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It was Mrs Orme who was the rod builder. They were called Seer because of her gypsy blood.

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Thanks Sam. Appreciated. I have popped them on Ebay with a guesstemate reserve.

Tinker, yes I think Jill made most of the rods and continued from the Haven after Mr O departed.

Graham

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Sam. Appreciated. I have popped them on Ebay with a guesstemate reserve.

Tinker, yes I think Jill made most of the rods and continued from the Haven after Mr O departed.

Graham

Yes your right when they split Jiil set her self up with a friend of mine Richard but being the girl she is that went down the pan. She let a lot of people down who had rods on order. My friend took over the Haven fishery and he has a few other waters. I think from what I know Andy Orme is still in Africa. I still fish the haven and it is still a nice place to fish when you have it to yourself. My sons are taking a couple of friends there in late June for a few days. They fished the beat below the weir at Knightwick that Richard has in October last year and had some nice fish. Richard reckons it out fished the Haven last year.

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Tinker
Yes I fished it when Richard was "helping" and took along a couple of groups.

I'm lucky enough to have a private rarely fished bit just upstream and alongside that I can get permission for.

It used to give a large proportion of larger barbel with a number of teme doubles.

Saying that it's been 3 years as the Teme seems a shadow of the good old days.....probably about 30 feet up as we speak!!!

Graham

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tinker
Yes I fished it when Richard was "helping" and took along a couple of groups.

I'm lucky enough to have a private rarely fished bit just upstream and alongside that I can get permission for.

It used to give a large proportion of larger barbel with a number of teme doubles.

Saying that it's been 3 years as the Teme seems a shadow of the good old days.....probably about 30 feet up as we speak!!!

Graham

I have seen it at Ham bridge up to the top of the post box a few summers ago. Nothing seems to last but I still enjoy fishing the team it could be to easy sometimes in the past. Good fishing to you this season coming, we have been fortunate with our fishing in the past.

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Sam and Tinker just for your info
The Seer went for £185
The Opus for £125
and the Shimano for £137

Graham:)

sam vimes

Reaction score
Sam and Tinker just for your info
The Seer went for £185
The Opus for £125
and the Shimano for £137

Graham:)

Graham,
I think I watched the Shimano on Ebay. I then watched another go for £75 within a day or two.:confused: Pleased for you that it went towards the right extreme (not quite the 200+ that one went for in January though). Sadly, I didn't manage to find the Seer.

Last edited: