Chunky perch

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
What a lovely Perch young Christian, well done on the clonker /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

What did you catch it on if I may ask?

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Come on Christian,lets have some real detail-river/lake,time of day,stationary/moving bait........lots of stuff that might help a poor angler like me catch such a fish!

Well done anyway!!

W

Wolfman Woody

DON'T YOU DARE TELL THEM WHERE!

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Tell them how, but do it in an article like I told you!

pcpaulh

Reaction score
"DON'T YOU DARE TELL THEM WHERE!"

I think you know anyway Woody /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gifBut shhh.

Reaction score
Top notch Young Bunion

Some points;

Great photo - you take advice well.

No indication of where you caught it - this will go down well with the big fish mafia (your kneecaps are safe)

Lesson for all perch - natural colouring doesn't work in front of any angler wearing camo-gear!

Stonking perch - well done

Poshers

Reaction score
A lovely fish Christian, well done! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Perch are a species that I don't concentrate on enough (and we have some whoppers in the Teme and Severn), thanks for the inspiration.

PS. Claudia, do you have Neil's mobile number? He's supposed to be fishing down my way this coming weekend and somehow I've lost his (and your) number... doh!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Well done young Christian, loverly perch mate.

Sort your hair out mate...........You'll be looking like that Bowler bloke soon /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Ignore Woody tell the Cyber world where you caught it /forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif

Hehehe only kidding mate /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Christian, my son! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Well done on that fish! Excellent catch! Nice to see your doing well, i taught ya well/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Flippin heck Christian!

I've justnoticed it is 3lb 9oz!!!

Sheesh mate! You kids are too big these days!

Even more congrats young un, that is some stripey!

Well done.

Neil Mcmurran

Reaction score
A proper scrum half, we used to catch em like that on newton canal by trying to drop a single caster into a missing brick in the canal wall, you could see thier lips protrude out of the hole and suck the caster in. Excellent sport, well done mate, a PROPER fish /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

have to agree with the hair though /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

John Heelis

Reaction score
Nice fish Christian.

Don't let them tell you what to do about your hair, most of them are losing theirs so they are just jealous.

Go on write us a nice article about your catch.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"And get yer hair cut"

. . .. and tidy your room while you are about it!

Seriously though, what a lovely Perch, well done!

PS: John, I'll have you know that I still have my own hair! I paid for it, so its mine!!!!!!

Morespiders

Reaction score
Great fish boy, shame about the untidy boat, and i recognise that white background./forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Cheers guys (and gals) for the comments, I had my first 2lber aswell the previous evening. Albeit from a comletly different area. This big one absolutly eclisped it.

I had it fishing a 10lb wire trace (just incase of the old pike) to a size 4 single.

The big one came from a nice big deep eddy whilst float fishing. When I saw the size of its mouth wide open a few feet down I almost shat myself. Almost shat myself again when it started to really shake its head, I was praying the hook wouldn't pull.

Peter the rooms actually pretty good at the moment.

And as it happens I do actually want a trim I just haven't got round to getting one.

Untitled.jpg

This one was my first 2lber... just. at 2lb 1oz.

Reaction score
I hope any Perch reading will see that my point about camouflage is justified!

Bunion, you should never fish after a curry and beer night out..although you appear to have managed to have just maintained self control (suggest you email Matt Corker for advice on toilet needs and angling..he is the undisputed expert)

Notice that you have surrounded yourself with gear in both pictures - careful...accusations of tackle tartiness may start flowing from the more envious types. Why not ensure that the makers labels are pin perfect in every shot (never mind the fish) and then send copies to the appropriate manufactuers mentioning words like...Fishingmagic...over 50,000 subscribers ...sponsorship...free tackle...Graham Marsden..

Always take a comb and mirror with you...good to see you used them before the 2ib 1oz fish...we have standards you know

Congratulations again

I am not insanely jealous....honest

Poshers

(Also send in the photos and details etc to Improve Your Coarse Fishing and Total Coarse Fishing...hopefully you can continue FM's excellent record in winning fish of the month prizes) See here