New Hyper Sensor

richiekelly

Reaction score
From the figures given (I haven't checked) the line being thinner claim is unjustified and if it is thinner its a very small margin, thinner to me means less abrasion resistant.

nicepix

Reaction score
Have they changed due to the supplier going bust? Someone mentioned that they thought Ultra made Sensor.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Have they changed due to the supplier going bust? Someone mentioned that they thought Ultra made Sensor.

The number of monofilament manufacturers is supposed to be a lot more limited than many imagine. Did you mean Ultima rather than Ultra?:confused: Were Ultima actually a maufacturer or just another importer, albeit one that focussed on line?

Last edited:

nicepix

Reaction score
The number of monofilament manufacturers is supposed to be a lot more limited than many imagine. Did you mean Ultima rather than Ultra?:confused: Where Ultima actually a maufacturer or just another importer, albeit one that focussed on line?

Yes, I meant Ultima. :eek:mg:

daji

Reaction score
I use the original Daiwa sensor and have no complaints so will most likely give it a go.

bullmoose_jackson

Reaction score
Is this replacing the old Sensor?

It's not available in same lower breaking strains as the old Sensor (the lowest breaking strain Hyper Sensor is 5lb, while the lowest breaking strain of the 'old' Sensor was 3lb on 300m spools, and 4lb on bulk spools).

The old Sensor had a somewhat overstated breaking strain. If I was a suspicious man, I could be forgiven for thinking that Daiwa have simply rebranded the old range as Hyper Sensor and printed new breaking strains.

The diameter of 3lb Sensor was/is 0.18mm. The diameter of 5lb Hyper Sensor is 0.18mm.

I'm fairly certain it's the same line.

If that's the case, they haven't 'reduced the diameter,' they've simply printed a more accurate breaking strain figure.

It's all slightly shady for my liking.

terry m

Reaction score
Daiwa sensor is cheap, for me that is where the positives expire.

Great if you want to make some high memory bedsprings.

mick b

Reaction score
The number of monofilament manufacturers is supposed to be a lot more limited than many imagine.

Very true, the top US selling Big Game mono is sold under the Ande brand name but it is made in a south European factory.

I believe there is one other factory making mono in Europe and that is in Germany, all the others are either in the US or Asia.

Ive worked with the South Euro manufacturers to produce a high end IGFA mono some while back and from experience I know a supplier can visit the factory and choose from dozens of samples before deciding on what he thinks will sell best.

Phil Adams

Reaction score
Which is why some of those bulk spools seen for sale on websites and *bay can be a massive bargain.

I like sensor. I have used it for most aspect of my fishing from chubbing to long range carping, without any issues. I wont say that it is my favourite line, but i will say that it has not let me down.