Has anyone booked any fishing holidays for this comming season

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have booked a week away with my sons and a couple of friends on the Teme . Another week away Tench fishing at a water owned by a friend and a week in Devon at Torcross with my brothers if where we stay is still there it is only thirty feet from the beach. Have you got any fishing holidays booked.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've sorted out when I'm going

I'll be going to York , there's a place there where we stay that I fish i nthe evenings

I've yet to sort out other venues

Never visited York I keep saying to the misses we must go and see York. It is on the river Ouse I think do now know much about that part of the country. I have been though it on the way to Scotland but that's about it.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
York is a great place, full of history and plenty to see.
We stop outside of York and go walking, I fish and there is a lovely pub that does some excellent meal in the village

richiekelly

Reaction score
I never book fishing holidays other than a phone call to a friend in France that owns a water over there, (he's French) usually have the water to ourselves.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
I have a couple of days in Washington state / Oregon coming up next month. One day after chinook salmon the other for steelheads.

Reaction score
I have read some good reports on the fishing

Got to come clean here tiinker:) - I've a place over there:w...with a river at the end of the road and a massive reservoir up the road!

And despite having a fair bit of gear over there I've not yet wet a line. This summer though :)

Poshers

Last edited:

stevejay

Reaction score
Back to Ireland for me at the end of May......can't wait!

neil1970

Reaction score
I'm hoping to swing a single day on the Royalty in July. Probably a bit hard for someone of my 'abilities':eek:, but I'd like to give it a go seeing as I'll be near there with my family for a weeks holiday

If I can persuade my 75 yo father(who doesn't fish now) to come that would make it a brilliant day, catching or not.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I agree on York; It is a very busy town and parking can be a nightmare, but what it has to offer, from the Cathedral down is fantastic. Great shops, many very unusual, plus a very good theatre. Loads of good restaurants and snack bars, not to mention some very good and interesting pubs in town and along the river. History is everywhere from the wall around the city to the various gates by which to enter it.
We too the time to walk along the top of the city wall which, more or less surrounds the city. Also some great architecture if that's your bag....

The racecourse is nearby as is the river.............We went to the city for a week, but spent some of them in the surrounding countryside which is also beautiful.

Well worth a visit, but park your car and walk everywhere........................

daji

Reaction score
I have to admit i'm so bloody envious. I haven't been on holiday for 2 years (which my wife keeps reminding me) and certainly couldn't justify spending the holiday fund on a fishing trip for myself. Might be a possibility in 30 years when i retire ;)

slaphead

Reaction score
We are off to Cromer for a week at the end of August with our son and grandson, so I expect to get some fishing in that week.

In the meantime we will be using our caravan where there is fishing on site and bacon butts brought to my peg. :D

barbelboi

Reaction score
We are off to Cromer for a week at the end of August with our son and grandson, so I expect to get some fishing in that week.

In the meantime we will be using our caravan where there is fishing on site and bacon butts brought to my peg. :D

Used to love that area of Norfolk Slappy, we used to base ourselves close by Aylesham with plenty of still and flowing water in all directions. Always used to be a pretty good t/s in nearby North Walsham from whom we learnt about the 'secret' ponds hidden away in woodland. Apart from fishing, always loved Wells next the Sea and Blakeney - just west of Cromer.

slaphead

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. :cool: Never been to that area before.

We've (I've) hired a cottage just outside Cromer.

I was going to book at Woodlakes nr Kings Lynn, where you can fish outside your lodge, but decided it was a bit dangerous with a 3yo.

We are hoping to hire a day boat on the Broads and do a bit of fishing before the grand-son arrives mid-week.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Slappy, always found these guys most helpful - only about 20 mins from Cromer.

North Walsham Angling Centre
49 Market Place
North Walsham
Norfolk
NR28 9RR

I think there's also a t/s in Sheringham (a bit closer to you) but as I said, Wells next the Sea for pine forests going down to unspoiled sandy beaches and Blakeney salt marshes are well worth a visit.

slaphead

Reaction score
Cheers.

The Boss says she wants to visit Cromer to get some crabs, I think I know what she means. ;)