Sunday looking fair, anyone out this weekend?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I'll be fishing a club fixture Sunday. Milton pools near Oxford, a day ticket venue:, Match lake holds a good head of silvers including some big roach and perch. I'll be concentrating my efforts on these as the carp tend to switch off this time of year. I'm planning a 2 line approach, a punch rig at 5m and a groundbait and maggot/pinkie line at 11/13m. I have fished the place many times with the club but only framed (section) once about 5 years ago.

Anyone else out this weekend?

C

chefster

I,m fishing an open at TBF tomorrow,not sure which pools yet,probably be spread over 3 lakes,weather looks a bit grim ,but hey-ho,plenty of F1,s,mirrors,skimmers,roach,barbel,perch etc.....Probably start off dobbing bread(peg dependent),or pellet/maggot-short/long pole..Chef

sam vimes

Reaction score
Sunday certainly looks to be as good as it gets for the next few days. I suspect that I'll try to sneak out. Where will depend on how much rain there is in the next few days.

cg74

Reaction score
I'll be fishing a club fixture Sunday. Milton pools near Oxford, a day ticket venue:, Match lake holds a good head of silvers including some big roach and perch. I'll be concentrating my efforts on these as the carp tend to switch off this time of year. I'm planning a 2 line approach, a punch rig at 5m and a groundbait and maggot/pinkie line at 11/13m. I have fished the place many times with the club but only framed (section) once about 5 years ago.

Anyone else out this weekend?

Simon, are you sure it's definitely open, as it looked flooded just over a week ago.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Simon, are you sure it's definitely open, as it looked flooded just over a week ago.

Thanks but not heard anything disappointing from the organiser yet.
Maybe he knows we're fearless and unstoppable anglers in URACS.

Or something?

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just checked the river level on the upper Chelmer and it rose by a metre last night. We have not had much rain today so far but heavy rain is forecast today and tomorrow so that will be out. I has been at a good level for fishing for the previous three days up to now. I will be over the lake again.

C

chefster

Slight change of plans today,saw me fish the match at Dennets again,unfortunately I could,nt make it 2 in a row, my 10 carp for 23 lb,only good enough for 2nd place,behind my fishing partner "Bad H",who stonked it with 22 carp and mixed silvers for 40 lb, Alan(Caster-master) Gibbs was 3rd with 7 lb,then the weights got really bad!!!,my fish came on a mixture of White pellets and bread...Not fishing now until next Thursday....Then Saturday,then going to the "Big One" show ,on the 23rd....Cheers Gaz

The Runner

Reaction score
Club match on the Slough Arm at Langley Boats.

Expect it to be rock hard. It wasn't too great a couple of weeks ago with only one weight over 3 lb and its coloured up a lot since then. You would expect this to be an advantage on a venue thats usually tapwater clear, but I can assure you from experience that it isn't on this one...
Will be pegged I think at the "factory end" of the boats instead of the usual section from the gate to the marina- if its going to be hard we might a well have a shorter walk !
Can't see the punch going too well with the colour and haven't bothered ordering any joker. Think it could be a big maggot or fluoro pinkie down the track sort of day.