Own your own ........

W

Wolfman Woody

I like the question they ask -

"Q. What is the cost of an adult full season coarse fishing licence for 2008/2009?"

Incorrect though. It's a ROD licence for coarse fish and trout.

Pedantic maybe, but it's a legal stipulation that the question has to be asked and that no more than 10-20% of the entrants could answer. Only fair therefore that the wording is correct.

Mind you, a 2 acre lake, all to myself.

Could stock some nice barbel in there. /forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif

W

Wolfman Woody

Was trying to do a link in Multimaps, but it screws up FM link thingy.

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Found it on Google earth. Looks quite impressive. If only huh?

Would give up the day job stright away and I'm self-employed /forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

slime monster

Reaction score
me and my mate took a trip to that venue when it was day ticket by arrangement,i have never met such a rude person as the woman who answered the door

she said two things you should know

1 you must phone before arriving ........we had

2 NO keepnets we had not mentioned nets

i added a third NO THANKYOU we left . she can stick it it looked crap .

Blunderer

Reaction score
I've been following this with interest.

A couple of points:

tThe small print says that if they do not get the 43,000 entrants they want, they will give the money to someone drawn from a hat. Minus their expenses. So what expenses have they had for this? A little website, a few press releases? £10K?

No, they are going to take 35%. Yes, 35%.

So if they sell, say 40,000, they will cream off £350K.

It's a win-win for them alright.

Also, I have been following the number of entrants. It wascreeping between 13 and 14 thousand for the whole of August, then in the last few days it has miraculously leapt up to 25,000.

Noel80

Reaction score
It's recently been on the local news (South West) so that's probably why the numbers have shot up.

It would be interesting to know who is going to do the draw and who is verifying it etc.

Tempting though, isn't? /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
They were on BBC breakfast TV...I didn't really pay any attention to them cos Sian's back after the Olympics!!!

It really does seem to be a little odd. Is £1,000,000 an accurate valuation for the property?

Why haven't some of the owners of similar (larger) sites in the South West been sniffing away?

I suppose as a £25.00 punt its probably no more than the cost of bait and pools and petrol for a match...but I would want to know precisely what commitments am I taking on. Is everything in A1 nick... or are you going to have to immediately shell out lots to meet, lets say, latest health and safety obligations? What is financial outlay when compared to income?

And 35% for a website and what looks like some free national publicity......

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

DZ

Reaction score
Roach to 4lb!!!?

...and monkies just flew out of my butt.