License renewal letter

mick b

Reaction score
Hi folks .

just a quick question how long before your license needs renewing does the letter turn up .

Thanks .

They, the EA (bless 'em) will send you a letter through the post, as long as you haven't changed your address you will get it sometime.

Dont worry, they have you on their system.......:D

barbelboi

Reaction score
Just photo copy this one MD, no one will notice.....................;)
rod15_zps7f527aa3.jpg

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know they send myself a letter but I pay mine direct debit if they do not contact you the new licence for 2014/15 starts on the 1st of April All fools day.:)

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Your a fool if you do not the chances are you will get nicked a £100 odd pound and get a criminal record.

ru123

Reaction score
Yes agree with tinker what a stupid comment from blanker when that is exactly what the fishing fraternity want to stamp out!!

john step

Reaction score
I know I am repeating a tip I posted recently but I think it is worth repeating.
Your licence number is always the same if you pay by DDebit.( It may be the same if you deal by post but I don't Know.)

Put your licence into your mobile phone contacts list. That way when sods law happens and you are checked and it is the day you have forgotten it the EA bailiff can check electronically.

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
That way when sods law happens and you are checked and it is the day you have forgotten it the EA bailiff can check electronically
A mate of mine forgot his at a trout lake (licence in the wrong bag!) the bailiff checked against his post code, no problem.

Regarding Blankers' comment, whatever I think about fishing tax (I'm as happy about paying it as I am about VAT etc), I just don't need the stress of having to look over my shoulder when fishing if I didn't have a licence.

Stu

barbelboi

Reaction score
I'm sure you haven't Mr B, I was commenting about the quality of your 'loose feed'...........;)

nogoodboyo

Reaction score
I just pop down the post office and pay in cash.
Bit old school I guess but boy it's uncomplicated.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Hi ..

Yep just dont want to pay twice on a limited budget as it is .

Guess i will just wait and see what arrives in the post for a while before i get paranoid about it

thanks .

Keith Speer

Reaction score
I always get a letter telling me when the Direct debit is coming out, then the Licence turns up in March!

I got the letter for this year in January!

Like others I am not happy to pay it, so I do it by D/D, don't have to think about it and don't actually see the pound notes whisked away!!

mick b

Reaction score
Ive always paid mine over the counter at the village post office.

But thanks the 'new' post office restructuring it is being closed at the end of the month.....:eek:mg:

So from now on it will be DD.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ive always paid mine over the counter at the village post office.

But thanks the 'new' post office restructuring it is being closed at the end of the month.....:eek:mg:

So from now on it will be DD.

I have found it to be the best way I think this is the fifth year I have had DD and it has been trouble free.