Who was the WORST famous angler that you know of?

Reaction score
Oh there must be thousands.....ChavPaul, Matt Screwtop, Pleb Paul, Wendy Cider, Steve Antichrist (of the Burble Society). Ron Loam, Graeme Snickers, that young blond fellow Heathen, Sconey, Leslie Crowther, The Winalots......, Friar......., the stick thin health food fanatic from Yorkshire..Beanos, Sheffield's burger van supremo Lee Toothpicks. Lessflies, from Steam radios Loose Lines the broadcaster Keith Mordred

fed up with the mild mannered joshing of the barbel wars Matt pushes the forum towards Mutually Assured Destruction ....just make sure you have your defammation lawyers on call...

it must be a slack day in Bolton matey

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Here are a few of them - but I'm not giving names, only clues:

1: King Weasel,

2: Drew Big.

3: Bearnhardt Vegetables

4: Jerembity Stuffing Mixture.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Add to the list

Pris Tarantula!

I also have it on good authority that Veggies Morticejoint is also a lousy fly fisher

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Way back, forty years or so there was a Yorkshire angler who each week would report huge chub and barbel from the River Swale. Because the said angler boasted a high ranking military title and wrote in a very proffesional way, many believed his tall tales, except for those of us who were fishing the river at the time.

His unmasking was at the hands of one Ray Webb. At the time in question he was regarded by many to be an authority on barbel and chub on the river Swaleuntil the word leaked out. Six short months later he had disappeared from the Angling Scene. Nothing more than an absolute charlaton.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

High Ranking?

He was only a bluudy Major.

I was given the honourary rank of Colonel when I did business with the SADF.

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

slime monster

Reaction score
terry thomas on midlands tv angling program ...angling lines?

demonstrating the correct use of a centre pin he gave it a bat and the reel fell off the rod and disappeared into the depths...rumour had it he was a piss head and was drunk on air.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Captain Terry Thomas may have been a piss cat but he could cast a fly very very well indeed.

Emmo (Angling Trust)

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Derek Gibson wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Nothing more than an absolute charlaton.</blockquote>Is that Jack Charlaton who did a fly fishing programme? I never remember him actually catching anything!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Actually I feel good about the fact that I can caster further than the guy who almost single handedly killed off all those Scouseorcs!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Probably as a coarse angler he could, but as a fly fisherman, he was supreme, especially on small streams and rivers. Lots of people associate Walker with carp fishing and coarse fishing. He did comparitively little of both. I would say that 80% of his fishing was done with a fly rod in his hand.

Actually Walker struggled when he first started fishing the big reservoirs, and admitted so.

But not for long.

Chris Hammond ( RSPB ACA PAC}

Reaction score
Bugger! I was expecting a right ol churner on the right wing ron ... err... sorry... the right hand rod. /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
Chris Hammond would be my choice; he couldn't even get Ron to bite! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif lol!

No clues to 1 & 2 Ron? Like Nick I got 3 & 4...

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Let's stick with the facts. Walker's favourite two methods ofangling were fly fishing for trout and float fishing for roach.

Actually I'm much the same, although I would say that these days I spend 70% of my fishing time with the fly rod.