rubbish in rivers

john step

Reaction score
You want to see the "tide line" on the Trent after a flood. It makes you wonder where it all comes from. I had a fridge go past a couple of years back.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Best I ever saw was a BMW 320, just the boot showing, swirling and bobbing in the current, occasionally pausing as the front momentarily caught on some underwater obstruction.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Best I ever saw was a BMW 320, just the boot showing, swirling and bobbing in the current, occasionally pausing as the front momentarily caught on some underwater obstruction.

. . . best place for a beamer in my humble opinion . . . . .

[insert Jaguar emblem smiley > > > HERE]

mick b

Reaction score
Should have been a Golf, they don't sink.....according to the old adverts....not going to try it tho..:D

A few hours the other day and the only thing floating past was a really nice hardwood garden planter, couldn't reach it with the net so its downstream for someone else to collect.

Loved my days patrolling the dropping river, found a superb garden seat which is still going strong, a 56 gallon drum of Yacht varnish and best of all a 16ft fishing punt.....:D
Quite a few bodies as well, many animal which were pushed into midstream for someone else to bury, and sadly a few otherwise, which usually cost me the day dealing with.

The bad one

Reaction score
Same here Mick... pair of wooden stepladders that I've had for 20 years now and still going strong. Garden Sheds intact going down the central flow. Bird tables and Footballs by the dozen. Usually take the best home with me and strategically leave them on the multi-sports pitch in the local park for the kids to play with. Must really confuse them when they turn up with a battered ball for a game and find 6 very newish balls waiting for them. :confused:

The floats I find, I keep for myself and haven’t bought any new ones in years :D

thx1138

Reaction score
Aaaah, the annual downstream mass migration. It is events like that that are almost unmissable for a hopeless river angler like myself.

After about a dozen biteless sessions on my local river, in the past two trips, I have been overjoyed at the sheer volume of activity in the river.. lots of twitches, and the occasional rod-wrencher - it's very exciting stuff! :D

There river is alive with "bits", last trip I was graced with a whole shoal of smallish sanitary items that kept me on my toes. I've managed to 'bank' several specimen logs and branches, which all put up a good fight in the flow. Also narrowly lost a decent looking car tyre (still on the wheel) at the net.

Although surely the best specatacle was watching in awe as a whole, seemingly intact portacabin floated downstream mid-channel... I could only dream that such a galant adversary would ever grace my net! :D ;)

nicepix

Reaction score

That was Paddy dipping his headlights.