Anyone fishing this weekend?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
With the rivers unfishable I will be on the GUC once again Sunday.
May grab a few bits and try the Colne tomorrow too...

Anyone else out?

aebitim

Reaction score
Going to have a look at the middle and upper Stour tomorow in the hope that it might be fishable, if not its the commie again.

lufc

Reaction score
First night since October on Saturday :) cannot wait like a kid at Xmas :)

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I went over my club lake yesterday afternoon with the plug no good but one of my friends was into the bream. I watched him take three in half an hour between 6 and 8 pound. A couple of my other friends who are carp anglers and have done a couple of days said the bream had been active aswell. With the way the weather is I have been thinking of having a dabble for the tench . The swans have been busy for a couple of weeks now everything is moving early. The kingfishers were fishing away like mad yesterday looks like we are going to get a early spring this year.

neil1970

Reaction score
I broke my long run of blanks earlier this week, with a small roach on float fished flake and
a chub on a lone angler squab, wrapped in paste with same flavour homemade groundbait in a cage feeder.

Phew:eek:

jon atkinson

Reaction score
I'll be out on Saturday, most likely to a reasonably sheltered local commie, albeit a quiet one in the hope (rather than expectation) of waking a few Tench up. Failing that, there are some nice Roach & Perch to be had. Forecast looks breezy but dry at the moment, but...

nicepix

Reaction score
I was put at the big lake last week hoping fro an early catfish, but the promised warm day was spoiled by a cool wind. I was hoping to have gone again this week then got an urgent mole trapping job that had to be completed by Saturday so I hadn't time to fit a fishing trip in.

Sunday and / or Monday are looking good though. 12 to 13C and dry. Probably try for a catfish again. There are a couple of 'dustbin' swims I know of that might hold an early riser.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Had another day on the river today - similar results to yesterday - going for my hat trick tomorrow................:)

The Runner

Reaction score
With the rivers unfishable I will be on the GUC once again Sunday.

Thought you URACS boys were meant to be tough ?
Looks like our match on the Colne on Sunday will be on , haven't heard otherwise anyway.
Having said that, not sure what it will be like. Have a nasty feeling that the floods might have pushed the fish out of the backstream swims which are usually our bankers at this time of year for a decent days fishing. Suspect there might be rather more people on bomb and a big bait than usual but the barbel tend to be uncooperative in "match times" and the chub seem a bit thinner on the ground this year.
The pegs upstream of the bridge at Riverside Way should be full of dace by now shoaling up before spawning, but it's going through about 90mph at the moment

badgeroo

Reaction score
Hi all!
Hopefully out fishing Saturday at coppice if we can get on there. I have heard of some nice fish coming out. Lads been making bait the last two days, so hopefully will be successful for our first time on there.:thumbs::thumbs:

aebitim

Reaction score
Fished the Stour for a few hours yesterday, more in desperation than hope, water about 6ft up and bucketing through. Fished the slower water under the banks with no success and floatfished a couple of eddies with the same result. Hope it goes better on the Wye this weekend.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I nipped down the Colne yesterday afternoon. The level almost back to normal and the colour dropping out. Set up tip rod with maggot feeder full of chop worm and hemp. Baited a 10 with whole lob and chucked it mid river.
Within half a minute the tip pulled round and and small (2lb) chub was in the net.
Stayed another hour or two to no avail...
Nice sunny day though..

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If the weather stays like it has today (west lancs) I shall have an hour on the Yarrow stalking Chublets (yes they are small :))

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
it's all getting better, but slowly...

Don't know if the Loddon is okay just yet so it's a Stillwater after those elusive roach, (that's anything over 10") tomorrow from about 7am. I shall hit them with flake and crust, followed by casters if that fails

If everything fails I shall fall back on the rugby............c/w beer and armchair!

lufc

Reaction score
Cars packed for 6 am start tomorrow :) first 24 hour session of the year, I'm like a kid at Christmas :) :)

neil1970

Reaction score
I nipped down the Colne yesterday afternoon. The level almost back to normal and the colour dropping out. Set up tip rod with maggot feeder full of chop worm and hemp. Baited a 10 with whole lob and chucked it mid river.
Within half a minute the tip pulled round and and small (2lb) chub was in the net.
Stayed another hour or two to no avail...
Nice sunny day though..

Nice one Simon, hopefully I'll get out for a session with you in the next couple of weeks:)

C

chefster

Fishing an open at TBF tomorrow, on Club and Canal Pools,then off to the "Big One" show at Farnborough on sunday,then a session at TBF again on Tuesday,then an open on Thursday(venue TBA),so a good week on the fishing front-sandwiched in between work,cheers ,have a good-un all,Chef

Last edited:

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fishing an open at TBF on Club and Canal Pools,then off to the "Big One" show at Farnborough on sunday,then a session at TBF again on Tuesday,then an open on Thursday(venue TBA),so a good week on the fishing front-sandwiched in between work,cheers ,have a good-un all,Chef

Busy as ever Gaz! :thumbs:

I am building up to getting out in the next couple of weeks or so and our club Vets matches start again on 20th March, so that will be every Thursday until the end of October. Time to get some more pole rigs tied and put that doubled No4 latex in my match top kit as most of our matches are on silvers waters with some tench and the odd lump.

C

chefster

Busy as ever Gaz! :thumbs:

I am building up to getting out in the next couple of weeks or so and our club Vets matches start again on 20th March, so that will be every Thursday until the end of October. Time to get some more pole rigs tied and put that doubled No4 latex in my match top kit as most of our matches are on silvers waters with some tench and the odd lump.

Nice one mate,i actually fished with the TBF Vets (as a guest) the other Thursday-34 of them turned up on a freezing cold day,a cracking bunch of blokes,cracking anglers too-they battered me-I only managed 3rd on my lake and 6th overall!!!:eek::eek: Good luck mate,Gazza

jake182

Reaction score
Gonna try and break my impressive blanking record on Sunday, still on commies though, the rivers are still smashed,

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk