how long was yours ?

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Today I went back to Naseby Resivoir, after having recce'd it yesterday. And seeing as Ive never fished it before I decided to try lots of different baits and tactics to see what might be working. Well after three hours without a bite the bailiff came along to sell me the tickets and told me that there were loads of fish getting caught the other day and that he had personally had 25lb of Roach out from a different swim just a bit further up the dam wall. He went on to tell me that the two other guys fishing usually catch loads and that whatever I was doing wasnt working because I should have caught something by now. mmmm Great advice I thought.

I sat and had a good think about the last time I had caught anything and it worked out that I had not caught anything in my last five outings. I havent worked out how many hours that equates too because it is so bad for my morale lol.

A quick change to wag n mag on one rod and a bigger bait further out on the other rod and I was sorted.

I ended up with well over 30 (I lost count)roach some of which must have been pushing a pound and a double figure pike caught on double 10mm pellet and pepperami with a bit of plastic corn to tip it off on the other rod, and if that wasnt good enough I had a screamer on the pellet/pepperami combo which was a mirror carp even bigger than the pike.

An absolutely brilliant day.

How long have you gone without catching ?

S

Shrek

HHhmmmm, depends which species......!!

Salmon - 2 years

Trout - 1 day

Grayling - 1 year

But that's all I tend to fish for though.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Two years and three fish-ins without a catfish /forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

Why o why lord am i destined never to land one of my own /forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

Not caught a pike on the last few lure trips....had plenty of follows and nips etc..... but not caught and landed one!!!

Tommo!

Reaction score
On my bogey water around six blanks in a row.

Going tomorrow though./forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Trev, you've had it easy mate!

My target for the new season was a river carp then barbel from my Avon. It's now 27th of August and I haven't hada carp, but I did getmy first Avon barb of the season last sunday..........4.08.

I've probably done over 100 hourson my Bristol Avon and got one of my targetted fish!

It aint been a good start! I've had some cracking chub and bream along the way though. Fortunately the Kennet has been kind to me /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Earlier in the year I had seven consecutive blanks at Horseshoe lake whilst attempting to catch just one of those very plentiful tench that live there. Followed by a blank on a so called 'run' carp lake and a blank on the Teme. Not only that but apart from a single carp caught by my mate John at Horseshoe he suffered the same fate too but with an added blank on the Severn where I managed to snaffle a few perch and a couple of roach. What a pair of numpties.

C

Colin North, the one and only

Four days on Lough Conn without a single trout. A week on the North Esk, a week on the Findhorn, several weeks on the Teviot and a week on the Tweed bofore I caught my first Salmon (Grilse) finally on the Moy in Ireland (over the period of several years I might add)

Brute1981

Reaction score
I've been fishing since I was a kid and I don't think I've ever had two blanks in a row purely because I mix my fishing up and ifI struggle then the next tripI'll go to a water that I know will always produce. Plus the only speciesI tend to specifically target is Pike so if I go float fishing forCarp and fail to catch any but catch a fewBream, Perchand Tench then it's still a success. The last blank I had was two weeks ago which was my first Pike trip this year, I only had one run in about 6 hours and I lost it, I think the combination of a heavy late night before and trying to frantically swot up for a diving exam whilst on the bank dulled my fishing skills.

Rickrod

Reaction score
I on mine now 5 overnights for carp and still not a bite

Colin Brett

Reaction score
When I first started fly fishing on a regular basis, I had 29 visits to Grafham without a pull let alone a fish/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

Andy M

Reaction score
What I great thread - I can't tell you how it has boosted my morale to know there are others out there who suffer the way I do!

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
I think we are all brainwashed by the glossies when we see anglers doing features on venues and see them with a net full or a nice biggie caught on the latest must have bait or bit of kit.

Time for a reality check I think, why cant we have features where anglers go to venues get into tangles, use the wrong bait, snap off the top of their rod, spill their coffee into their pva bag stash, fall into the nettles and catch nothing.

C

Chris Bishop

I had a season where I came close to packing it in. Blanked for weeks on end - maybe a dozen trips.

Back end of last season I fished a river where I'd normally expect at least a couple of runs a trip and had three fish in a month's worth of fishing it a couple of days a week.

I've got a mate who went a whole winter for three or four fish.

Day Breamer

Reaction score
Im tryingfor double figure Bream from my local water, its 80 acres in size and so far in 11 trips this season my best Bream is about 4lb - heart breaking, especially as the average Bream is supposed to be 5lbs.

I class that as fishless, so 11 and counting.

Edit: Graham Marsden has told me that i may be wasting my time on this water and i am slowly starting to agree with him, but big Bream fishing is for the stupidly dedicated, at least thats what i keep telling myself, dedicatedyet stupid is probably more accurate.

Yacko

Reaction score
I've blanked once out of 11 sessions this season. These have all been on lakes though,

if I had fished the river there would have been mainly blanks I'm sure.

Muffin

Reaction score
10 months and over30 sessions and still no second Bristol Avon Barbel!

Caught my only Bristol Avon Barbel on my first Barbel session, and since that point in July 2007 have not had one since!

I'd like to think it was bad luck, but I reckon after such a long period I must be doing something majorly wrong!

I am now targetting Roach and Chub!

Tight lines