Hello to all

landie

Reaction score
Just coming back into fishing. I'm 53 and fished from being a nipper up till about 40. I have still got all my old gear which is pretty well mint. Might not be state of the art but will be good enough for me and the fish! I had forgotten what a pleasure it is just rooting about in the tackle box and finding bits of kit I had forgotten all about. I've still got pots of lead shot 8, 10, 12. Am I right in saying these sizes are still legal and it is size 6 up that needs to be non toxic?
I'm planning on doing mostly course fishing for small stuff. I've never had a go at proper carp fishing, just struggled occasionally when hooked one by accident on 26 barbless and 3/4lb. hook lengths!
Might sound daft but I have a bass rod rated 1-3 oz. anyone have any thoughts on carp fishing with this?

mick b

Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

Dont worry about your gear, just renew the line and go fishing.....oh and don't forget your rod licence.

If you were a 3/4lb bottom and a 26 previously your obviously a tidy angler so it shouldn't take you long to get back into the swing of things......until your eyes go..:eek:mg:

Bass rod - read carp rod - read flatiie basher - read deadbait rod.......tackle manufacturers....huh!

Last edited:

twichard

Reaction score
Hi I'm a newbee to this forum I fish on rivers and still water my local water is well known for large bags of bream it's the castle Loch Lochmaben it also has big tench and carp

Sent from my SM-T315 using Tapatalk

landie

Reaction score
Thanks for that mick, especially regarding the rod enquiry. The older I get the more I seem to see the wheel being reinvented. We all think we know better than the oldies until we get to be oldies then we realise there is no substitute for experience. Eyes have gone as I used to tie 26's by hand. Struggle to pick one up now even with my glasses!

Last edited: