March this weekend. Anyone fishing?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Once again our interclub match has been rearranged. We were meant to be on the Gt. Ouse in Beds Sunday. We will now be on the GUC at Tring. Not too bothered but this is the 2nd consecutive year this fixture has been affected by flooding.
Luckily my local Colne has fined down a bit so I'll get my river fix during the next 2 weeks.

Anyone else out this weekend?

Last edited:

nicepix

Reaction score
Had planned to go tomorrow. Forecast is for 50mph gusts, hail and electrical storms so I'll probably go Saturday instead. It's going to be colder so I'll opt for a river session again.

john step

Reaction score
watching the forecast for Northerly chilly winds tomorrow I will find somewhere on the lake to tuck behind a high bank and try for a few roach.

Edited.. Have now been. Had a lot of roach but only a few were netters. Had my first crucian of the year and 8 carp which didn't know I was roach fishing.

Last edited:

oyster

Reaction score
Will probably go on the Mease on Sunday to continue my quest for some decent Roach. Since I started again last year I hear its not the river it used to be with some pollution incidents. Apart from the Severn its the only river with 40 miles I know has had 2's in it. With the Severn 5ft up its probably my only option.

The Runner

Reaction score
Got our annual charity match on Sunday on the Slough Arm in aid of the Shooting Star Childrens Hospice. We usually manage to raise not far short of £3000 each year, but it looks like it might be a bit tighter this time round.
Given the way the Arm's been fishing lately we might raise more by asking for high offers from the anglers NOT to be invited to fish. Half a dozen of the lads went there Wednesday for a practice knock up. Three never had a bite and the others struggled for a few not very big things....
Never mind, post match buffet in the Dolphin should be as good as ever.

C

chefster

A change of plans in the work rota mean that I am free to fish the Tues open at TBF:D,then we have a Braunston club match on Thurs,not sure of venue yet though,but no w/end fishing due to work:(,good luck to everyone going out this weekend,cheers,Chef

Keith Speer

Reaction score
I shall be out, not sure where yet, depends on weather and water.

I am on the river doing a film for Sky on Tuesday for "Tight Lines" so the nerves are starting to kick in a bit, with any luck I won't blank but who knows, a March Barbel would be nice.............!

Keith M

Reaction score
I shall be out, not sure where yet, depends on weather and water.

I am on the river doing a film for Sky on Tuesday for "Tight Lines" so the nerves are starting to kick in a bit, with any luck I won't blank but who knows, a March Barbel would be nice.............!

Keith if anyone can catch on the river you can, I hope everything goes well :)

I will not be fishing till Monday or Tuesday and I'm hoping to target some nice Roach and Dace from the river, or if I can't find them maybe a Barbel or two may grace my landing net.

Keith (BoldBear)

flightliner

Reaction score
Seldom if ever fish weekends these days but was out yesterday with the pike rods. When the fog had cleared it was xtra nice to be sat there just taking things in.
No action at all until nearly leaving time when my drop off fell away producing a lovely marked pike.
my half herring had gone but the tail end of a nice perch was just showing at the bottom of the throat.

neil1970

Reaction score
I'm going Monday to the Colne, to the spot where I lost something that felt quite big last week:eek:

Hopefully see you there Simon.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Out yesterday on a very swollen lower river for a totally expected blank. Out today on a normal level upper river for eight grayling and a couple of trout. None of the tiddly little grayling today, nothing much under a pound and a few well over, which was nice. For a change, it was the two trout that were the tiddlers.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Over the lake in the morning about 5c at first light rising to 10c by midday wind from the south west rain coming in mid afternoon that is what they say for London a mornings plugging will do me nicely. More rain on Monday warming up Thursday Friday they are saying 14c.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Can't raise any enthusiasm for it at all at the moment. Zander wise I'm on a run of blanks having only hooked [and lost] 1 fish in my last 3 trips. I'm fed up getting wet too.

I thought I might nip out tomorrow but can't think of where to go [or for what] and with rain moving in by lunchtime I think I'll give it a miss....again. I'll be out during the week to resume my battle of wits with the zander but they just dont seem interested at the moment or have taken up residence somewhere I haven't found yet. Its little consolation to know I'm doing no worse than anybody else.

I feel a bit of a lightweight but I'm well past the "going simply because I can" stage. Age,I guess.

Last edited:

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
'Farm ponds' might just be worth a morning this time of year..............................(?)

Personally I don't think it does any harm to have a break even if it is only for a few days or a week if the enthusiasm has waned. Always nice to come back refreshed!

Regards going out; I will be out Tuesday IF it doesn't rain.................I also cannot handle continual soakings!!

Last edited:

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Went over the Bec at 6 am for a few hours plugging four fish one on the first cast. Fished till 10-30 am Three carp fishers on the water. A lovely morning overcast till about nine oclock wind southerly. Wednesday next outing unless I go with the boy tomorrow.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Finally got it together and went out for the first time since before Christmas. Short afternoon session last Thursday on a local free stretch in the middle of town. Excellent fishing with chub, dace and trout.

20140227_125552.jpg

20140227_131928.jpg

Couldn't resist going back yesterday afternoon. even though the river was up several inches, hoping to get a few chub on video. Here they are :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmV8CW3Xcns]River Wey Chub - YouTube[/ame]

lambert1

Reaction score
Lovely video Neil, I learnt to fish on the Wey (many years ago!) and it bought back some memories. Always was a good Chub river and it is nice to see it is still doing well.:)