Haith's Particle Prices

S

Steve Parsons

Whilst studying the above site i compared prices of certain particles.
If you buy from the Bird section rather then the Supercatch angling section the prices are about ?5-?8/25Kg cheaper.Are anglers being exploited i wonder?,or are we paying for consultants baits for trips to France?,or is it possible the particles are better on the angling section?

C

Carp Angler

I've only checked 3 different particles, the first being the Red Band, the dearer one in the fishing section is the FF (fuller flavour?) and is supposed to be more aniseedy than the normal one.
Tigers are the same price in both sections, but the maples are amazing.
Both are NZ maples, but ?16.30 in the bird section and ?24 in the Supercatch.

A con?
Simon King, comments please.........

M

Marker

imho its a con,buy from the bird section or go elsewere.
i've used haiths for my particles for over 10 years,but not since supercatch came about,i go to my local livery nowadays,funnily enough,it's even cheaper again.
cheers mark.

R

rob tudor

The reason for price difference is that birdfeeds are vat exempt and fishing baits are not!!! I order fromhaiths and the birds in my garden are very hungry!! say no more.

R

rob tudor

oops the ff stands for For Fishing so they can show the VAT man

C

Carp Angler

The maples are 47% more expensive and the RedBand is 27% more expensive.
Is this VAT?

It seems a strange way to calculate the VAT on a product.

S

Steve Parsons

As Rik says the price differences do not equate to VAT @ 17.5%.Even so why should birdfood be VAT exempt but not fishing bait?

D

David Will

Last season I compared the prices between Hinders and my local seed merchant. The difference was staggering. For ?50.00 I got what would have cost nearer ?80.00 from Hinders and that was before postage.
Quality is excellent from both but it is disgraceful.

D

disco dan

certianly is i brought hemp last season from the pet food bloke on the local market and saved about ?8 on what i would have got from local tackle shop.it just pays to shop around.

B

Birds Nest

Personally I only Buy from Haiths and Hinders what I cant get locally....

C

Carp Angler

I think people may be missing the point here.
The questions posed are not whether Haiths are expensive or their products are of questionable quality, what needs clarifying is the price difference between their bird foods and their fishing baits.

R

Richard Dunn

I can't see why their should be any difference as to whever it's used for bird food or fish food, Looks to me like they're just ripping off the anglers

K

Kevan Farmer

Wait for some contrived excuse stating that seed for fishing is superior in some way to 'ordinary' bird seed...

Personally I always go to a local seed merchant for 'bird' seed and for my trout pellets. I do know for a fact that at the end of the day they all come from the same supplier.

Kevan

D

David Will

Kev you are right my last sack of Hemp from the local seed merchant was from the same source as the sack from Haiths I bought earler in the season.It was same grade , large Chilean.The seed merchant is not angler orientated and as a result his hemp is a third cheaper.
Rik I believe from what I have seen that Haiths are comparible to my local merchant but only when you look at Bird foods not the angling section.

D

David Will

An example is Robin Red.
They have Robin Red HC at ?4.80 per 500 grms in the angling section.
In the bird section Robin Red Highly Concentrated (HC ?) 500grms @ ?2.80.
Graham as they advertise on here could you enquire as to why we seem to pay more.

R

Richard Dunn

Haiths are taking a bit of a kicking on a few of the other forums, with regard to the massive price hike on robin red. A certain
cornish gentleman with links to there Supercatch range is being mentioned as well.

S

Steve Parsons

Rik is right.The question is why are the angling prices dearer then the birdfood prices?

R

Roto fryer

corn steep liquour pellets are another big con.
many companies sell ewe pellets as csl pellets. ewe pellets cost aropund a fiver for 25 kg ( the main ingredient has to be maize gluten).
i spoke to a large wholesaler of maize gluten pellets and enquired about the price for a ton. i know the price is around 110 quid. he said do you want them for fishing? when he got a yes answer he said the price was 750 per ton . i said i want sheeep ones and he said im not ruining my market and slamed the phone down.
to my mind it is illegal to charge more for the exactly the same product because the use id different.
we are being ripped off and we know it.
by the way the angler concerned with haiths is ken townley.
mike wilmot also asked haiths about a new range of boilies they are producing. they have been field tested by two anglers for five weeks before production !!!

P

Paul Williams

It's all rather frightening isn't it?....not the price aspect but the "grade" aspect.....if companies are selling a cheaper grade pellet as CSL then they should be named.......i can tell a crap maggot but i have to rely on the marketing hype for pellets.......and if someone is selling me something that i think is something else then that sucks!.......but why am i not surprised, angling is wide open to this sort of thing, noone is ever bought to task, they know they are untouchable.