Wychwood Maximiser Barbel Rods

joby

Reaction score
these rods looks good ,and the write up sounds good , but i shall stick to my specimen rods for my barbel fishing , at 63 years of age , whats the point of buying the latest gear, just because its the latest ,when my old gear is still functional , if i were to buy a new rod it would be a specimen travel rod , which stows nicely in the caravan ,or car boot

Reaction score
im thinking the 13ft looks good for my trent fishing of flood water fishing as my youngs rod struggles with anything over 5oz

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

13ft rods? just put em higher in the rests!

Neil Mcmurran

Reaction score
why change what you are used to /forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif. They have worked before, they still will, you wont catch any more fish an a "better" rod, it's whats on the thick end that counts /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Reaction score
Because what im used to doesnt work maybe? like trying to beat a dinosaur with a cotton bud

the idol

Reaction score
theese rods are perfect for specimen barbel fishing here in our big italian river (we keep 12 feet barbel rods high in the rest but it's not enough!!!) so many italian anglers prefer ugly continentalextra long extra heavy feeder rods, and feeder fishing

this is a great news!!! let's go barbel fishing!!!

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a tackle outlet that is selling these in the Yorkshire area? I don't want to buy until I've tried the rods in the hand (I've had a waggle of the 13' version and I'm impressed. The dealer is not stocking the 12' version though).As can be gathered it's the 12' version I'm interested in.

Thanks,

Dave