Mild and dry. Anyone fishing this weekend?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Double header for me. Saturday a silvers only match on a day ticket lake near Romford. Sunday a club match at Milton pools near Oxford.
Some rivers should be fining down and fishable too.

Anyone else out this weekend?

The Runner

Reaction score
Club match on Sunday. Was to have been at our lake near Wraysbury, which would been interesting/ challenging in early March, but apparently the platforms are still well under water and the pegs on the shallow bank and island, which are far and away the best areas, are completely inaccessible without either chest waders, stilts or an aquatic vehicle.
Looks like it might be switched to the river, which was still high and hacking through last night.

cg74

Reaction score
might get Sunday but this Saturday i'm at a beer festival

Surely the latter (as written) will rule out the former?:guinness::beer:

---------- Post added at 14:21 ---------- Previous post was at 14:16 ----------

I'll be out chub fishing Fri, Sat and Sun come what may. It doesn't look like my local rivers are dropping but as long as they're inside their banks, I should catch?!

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ludlow at the weekend with the kids and grandkids so the Teme will be studied but not angled in! :w

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I shall give Saturday a whirl if only to sit in a bit of warm wind and weak sunshine! I've decided to give the big roach a rest as I failed to catch one, in fact I failed to catch one over 8" long (approx.!)
Instead I shall concentrate on wild carp, or strain thereof, of which my pal caught two today at around 5lbs a piece....I failed to catch anything for the simple reason I didn't have maggots.........................that's another hike tomorrow to buy some!

All this fishing, or just sitting on the bank in my case, is not good for one...

Perhaps I should amble up the M40 to Milton pool and give Peter Crabtree a thrashing, but I don't need the money...

Last edited:

richiekelly

Reaction score
First race meeting of the season for my grandson this weekend so no fishing, tracks likely to be quite wet but still its motocross and you get dirty.

andreagrispi

Reaction score
Too right I will - I've got the whole of next week off and ordered 42pts of maggots!!!!

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have some casters ordered Sunday morning maybe and a couple of days next week another mild week in store but then a drop they are saying I have been in the garden this afternoon and even next doors elderberry is forming leaves the buds burst last week mind you it is south facing.

chav professor

Reaction score
Will be seeing the back of 2013/2014 season with a massive tinge of frustration.....

HOWEVER... All will be forgiven if it stays just like this to the end of the season... gonna try and get out most days... even if its just for a few hours.

nicepix

Reaction score
Wall to wall sunshine over here for the next 12 days according to the forecast. :)

I'm chasing pussy tomorrow and possibly Sunday. I don't usually like fishing Sundays as the whole world descend on the waters, but Saturday marks the start of the trout season so all the world and his wife will be on the Class 1 rivers stockie bashing. The French fishing authority put millions of brown and rainbow trout into rivers in the weeks before the second Saturday in March opening day. And the local anglers empty the rivers in about three days :D

Then I'm mole trapping for most of next week and decorating for the other part :(

Reaction score
Weekend booked :-(....mind you there's some very tasty rugby to make up for the domestic duties!

Hoping to have a father/son outing Tuesday or Thursday ...been a while...he'll be borrowing all the good stuff and nicking the better swims as usual!

nicepix

Reaction score
Weekend booked :-(....mind you there's some very tasty rugby to make up for the domestic duties!

Hoping to have a father/son outing Tuesday or Thursday ...been a while...he'll be borrowing all the good stuff and nicking the better swims as usual!

Well. I suspected that you were gay. But I'd have never guessed that your son was. What good stuff will he be borrowing for your 'outing'? :eek:

:D

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Well was out yesterday not a single tickle not one :( .

Busy refitting the bathroom at the youngest brothers house tomorrow but hope to be out Sunday , Not sure where though just yet do i fancy driving or just walking i spose is the main question we will see .

Anyone know of a good pool or canal not too far from tipton west mids ( done most of the local canals around the former Bean industries site ) and most of the local pools .

C

chefster

Not fishing sat or sun,fished small Knock-up today at Toft (silverfish )Lake@Rugby-i weighed 24-8-0, for 3rd behind ,Bad H-28-8-0 and Phil(the power)Porter-48-8-0,only 6 of us fished,but it was a practice for "Toftmania" next Wednesday!!....Then we,ll have a Thursday open(venue TBA),cheers Chef

cg74

Reaction score
Double header for me. Saturday a silvers only match on a day ticket lake near Romford. Sunday a club match at Milton pools near Oxford.
Some rivers should be fining down and fishable too.

Anyone else out this weekend?

Simon, what was the state of affairs the other week when you went to Milton Pools, was it flooded at all?

aebitim

Reaction score
Heading for the Wye sat /sun with the prospecting hat on, exploring 2.5 miles of unfished [coarse] water.