Best cheap boots

sagalout

Reaction score
For those of us that are poor or tight, whats the best cheap warm waterproof boots?

I have had a pair of Sundridge hot foots for 4 or 5 years, cost £25 new reasonably warm, awful for walking in, and the left one has now developed a leak so I am on the look out for a replacement pair. The hot foots are now £45'ish which seems like a massive price hike. The Shakespeare version is only £19, anyone got them? The Grandslam also appears a good cost option.

stinga

Reaction score
I f you have a pavers near you take a look in there - they have a few pairs that are winter waterproof boots - cheap in the sales now too.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

sagalout

Reaction score
Cheers for that but I have managed to get a new pair of hot foots for £25 so I am back on a good footing.

stinga

Reaction score
Cool - I have a pair of hot boots , they came up so big. Unfortunately I didn't realise this when I bought them off the net. Ah well.

sagalout

Reaction score
I got them on ebay, just keep looking til a pair come up in the right size. The bloke selling them had been given them as a present but already had a pair.

mick b

Reaction score
Cool - I have a pair of hot boots , they came up so big. Unfortunately I didn't realise this when I bought them off the net. Ah well.

Try increasing the thickness of the insoles.

Use newspaper, it is THE BEST insulation bar none* (Ive got 1/2" of it under my living room carpet :D) and as a teenager winter piking in boats I used a box lined with the stuff to put my feet in while seated....:eek:mg:

* Advice from a company director who insulates buildings for the MOD.

Windy

Reaction score
I'll have you know that I have very neat petite feet, 7 1/2 in shoes and 8 in boots.

All that bulk balanced on such a small foundation.... :eek: