Tackle Tarts

D

Davy North

In this months Angling Star Mr Marsden said of an angler he knew, he was definitely not a tackle tart. This got me thinking.

Do I know any tackle tarts?
Am I one?
And what actually makes someone a tackle tart?

Any Ideas?

N

Nicky Garbutt

a tackle tart is someone with all the gear and no idear. they like to have all the best kit so they can brag to anyone that walks past. also they have got to have everything layed out on the bank a certin way i.e all rods must be the same height and must have all the new kit.

D

Dave Kennedy

I think i have just become a tackle tart...

as a river angler none of my tackle matched, it is all acumilated over many years, and is a right miss match, i even have an argo's rod (quite good actually)

A friend of mine who stopped fishing a couple of years ago has just sold me a Matching pair of carp rods and reels...

all i want now is a stainless steel rod pod

M

Malcolm Bason

Not sure you are right there though Nicky. I know a tackle tart who is proud to be such, but he IS an extremely good angler! I'm only an apprentice tackle tart, but then i'm a crap angler anyhow! LOL

W

Wendy Perry

I'm slowly but surely becoming a tackle tart lol i'm collecting all sorts now i haven't got a clue what it all is lol :)

D

disco dan

I am a tackle tart matching reels rods all my stuuf is fox,pod alarms bobbins swingers luggage terminal tackle line hooks floats umbrella.I am a tart and cant help it i need help as look like a Fox rep when i go fishing.I no it is sad but i cant helpmyself i am an addict.

F

Fred Bonney

I'm in danger of becoming one when it comes to extras,i have 4 items of Double T and have started longing for 2 more.

M

Mike Harrison

True story:-
Two Tackle tarts turned up at the venue I was fishing 3 weeks ago (Longshaw Lakes in Kent) spent about an hour carefully setting up all the matching gear, they even had matching chairs that they set up with a bait table between them, carefully laid out all their bait on the table, and then whoosh! cast out to the opposite bank, in front of the people fishing there then went for a walk around the venue presumably to show off their (matching) Realtree bankside fashion statements, ANYWAY:- as anyone who has been to Longshaw will know the guy keeps free range chickens, now chickens arent as daft as you think they have worked out that anglers mean food, and here were two who had left all this lovelly food unattended!!!! consequently 10 minutes later bait, sarnies gone, chicken s**t all over nice chairs, table, holdalls, rod bags. When these two tarts returned they were distraught!! As they now had no bait, no food and gear covered in crap they packed up and went home, I suppose that they threw it all away and went out and bought brand new again to keep it looking pristine.
When I finally stopped laughing,about two days ago,I got to thinking about expensive lessons cos these two clearly knew NOTHING about fishing or what or not what to do when on the bankside, but they were defintly Tackle Tarts.

R

Rodney Wrestt

No.....I'm afraid I don't care who makes it or what it looks like, as long as it does the job I bought it for or I can modify it to do something else then I'm happy. The only reason I have matching luggage is because I got it as a set, my specimen rods aren't even the same (make or TC, I have one for mid range 21/4lb and one for a bit further out 23/4lb).

C

Chris Bishop

What's the opposite, that's what I want to know. Tackle slut..?

K

Kevan Farmer

Am I a tackle tart? I bought an Adcock Stanton pin a couple of years ago but they also had another in stock - mistaken order, mine cocked up actually by the tackle shop. I looked at this other lovely pin and decided to buy that one too. I couldn't resist it.

Kevan

R

Ron Clay

The only way to become a tackle tart is by the aquisition of an extremely mighty wallet and a girl friend or wife who is blind.... :eek:)

K

Kevan Busby

Tackle tarts, I love them. Always lots of cheap second hand, hardly used goodies to be bought when they upgrade to the latest must have item from NashShimFox. Keep it up, you're saving me a fortune.

G

Gerry Castles

If you are a lure fisherman then you automatically qualify as a member of the
Tackle Tart Society. You not only have a lure that you can't do without but you have to have it in several sizes and several colours. Lure fishermen are spotted and recognised by the number of empty lure boxes they have, each one progressively smaller, having continally traded up
size-wise to carry the ever increasing number of lures. Then there's the ebay syndrome. Having found all the colours of say a Zara Spook in the Harris Catalogue, you then discover that ebay.com advertises discontinued 'must have colours' and that the japanese favour a completely different colour range which are available from a number of english speaking sources in Nagoya and Tokyo. Through dealing with these people you find that japanese versions of Shimano and Daiwa reels are infinitely superior and built to higher specs than the UK and US versions and you gotta have at least two...........and then there's the boat, the cabelas catalogue, the bassproshops website...........the bells,the bells.

bobbob2121

Reaction score
a tackle tart does not mean you have no idea. it means that you have to buy every new bit of kit on the market, and recently everyone likes thier rods 4 inches close together and folding the handle! (***** in other words). i know a few tackle tarts, and because the value of gear go down very quick tackle tarts are a great place to get some quality gear =)

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
BoYour 9 years late, the last post on this thread was in 2002, so the tackle tarts tackle is now vintage/////////////:)

Yacko

Reaction score
It's good to see that important threads like this dont get deleted. I'm going to diarise this for 2020 and add a post to bring it back to the top again :j

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
;37330 said:
Mr Marsden said of an angler he knew, he was definitely not a tackle tart.

You know, I think I know who the tackle tart is that Graham's refering to and if it's the same, he's still a tackle tart and he's also vintage now as well! :D

Sorry PJ, couldn't resist. ;)