Extreme Fishing

Donald Bain

Reaction score
I see we are to be treated to a new fishing programme called "Extreme Fishing" fronted by none other than Robson Green.

It will be interesting to see whether this is just another attempt to show angling as a fringe sport for the few or will it be that gripping that thousands will wnat to take up the sport.

I may be a little sceptical on this, so I will hold judgement until after the event.

Don

Reaction score
Perhaps they'll buy 'Catching the Impossible'?

Mind you, knowing Channel 5, they'll probably edit Martin Bowler out and replace him with a more marketable frontman like Dale Winton! /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Pretty sure Hugh tried the 5 route and they went with Robson Green. /forum/smilies/sarcastic_smiley.gif

Reaction score
This Robson Green stuff better be the best goddam fishing programme ever then Wol to justify a decision like that!

The footage I've seen of 'Catching...' was incredible.

Mmmm we'll see on Monday...

Reaction score
i might be in a minority but i actually like the guy.
Having said that from what i hear im not expecting too much from the series.Sounds like another bloke blagging a trip to a few far off places to me.

F

Fred Bonney

At least we will have a fishing programme on the telly!!!

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Dammed if we do -dammed if we don't

Watch it in numbers and all tv stations will be looking to put some c rate as been to front a fishing programme - don't wacth it in nukbers tv stations as " No market for fishing programmes"

Personally I'd like to see Bernie Clifton fishing the Trent in flood for barbel riding his ostrich

Morespiders

Reaction score
Sir, Bernie Clifton dead!!.

Think of somebody else./forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

N

Nobby C (ACA)

It's shit, what a ham.

In fact ,ham is too kind, how about condescending, discourteous, luvvie big girls blouse.

Reaction score
What a bunch of testosterone-fueled celebrity clap-trap!

If only we'd got the chance to hear what his Costa Rican hosts had to say about fishing, but he's too busy bigging himself up! James Bond, my RRRRRRs /forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

And to top it all, his comment that it doesn't get any more 'extreme' than this, cos apparently he's fishing the river in full flood... when the banks are clearly 20ft higher than the water!!!

If this is what the TV channels think we want, we will have to wait years to see Hugh Miles' project, /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Morespiders(ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Sir, Bernie Clifton dead!!.

Think of somebody else./forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif</blockquote>

Iunderstand thatBernie Clifton is still very much alive, Rod Hull is dead, Emu passed away around the same time.

I believe Rod Hull died trying to adjust his TV aerial in order to watch Robson Green's fishing programme.

Oh, there but for a freeview box go I.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Your right Mr Robert's, Sir Paul threw me reading his post,my apologiesto Mr Clifton.

Obviously Sir has been at it again.

Peter Rothman

Reaction score
Anyone watching this programme knows exactly what to expect before even switching the TV on. Fishing for the mass market (an oxymoron for channel 5)

It's called 'Extreme fishing'

It's got Robson Green

It's on channel 5!!

I think his acting is awful, his singing even worse, but I watched and actually enjoyed myself and though Mr Green did start to get on my nerves he did seem to be having fun. I don't have satellite so any fishing on the box is better than none.

'Proper' fishing just is not going to happen on mainstream TV, there just isn't the will.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Bernie is alive and thriving - Rod Hull died but emu now lives on with Rod's son - fetch the gun Jenkins