Effervescent or fizzing stickmixes

murphyboy69

Reaction score
I've seen some videos on youtube from europeans using stickmixes which massively fix and cloud up the water but obviously cant understand what they are using to do it due tocthe foreign language. I've found a foreign website which sells something called vulcane method mix. Is this basically fizzing candy powder that causes this massive reaction. I may not be looking hard enough but haven't seen anything fizz this much on our market.

laguna

Reaction score
Yes that would make it "active" but the powder will need to be first coated in oil so that when the GB is dampened it doesnt fizz before it hits the water.

Another one is Plaster of Paris and baking soda acid/alkali neutralization. Mix into a paste with oil and add it to your dampened GB.

Reaction score
I wouldn't bother mate

personally I would work on getting a really good, tasty mix

the most expensive fizzing firework mix in the world complete with gogo dancers and dancing monkey circus can't keep fizzing forever and you are going to be left with a pile of food on the deck which either is or isn't going to attract carp

I would just focus on that 'is'

fishingjack

Reaction score
Citric acid + bicarbonate of soda. Mix the 2 powders. When they get wet they'll neutralize. Tried it many times inside pva mixes. Think it's more entertaining to the angler than anything. I have a test I did in a tank way back. I'll post it up when I find it. Not seen any positives fishing wise.

peterjg

Reaction score
About 25 years ago I "invented" a swimfeeder that slowly bubbled and at the same time as the bubbles slowly blobbed out a plume of brown colour came out. I spent hours testing it in the kitchen sink (my poor wife).

The swimfeeder was made from a tube about an inch in diameter and about 5 inches long and had a small hole at either end, one end came off to fill it. I filled it with a mixture of Andrews Liver Salts and Hutchinson brown boilie dye (powder) - when submerged it slowly bubbled for about two hours - I thought - great this will encourage the carp to feed!

The one and only time I used it was on the Cons at Harefield - I cast out with it two or three times just before dark trying to find my spot. No action that night but early the next morning a friend came into my swim and started to laugh his head off - I was covered in brown dye from casting my wonder invention the previous evening - never used it again!