What quantities..

N

Nobby C (ACA)

...when I'm going to the Thames for a bash at the carp?

Are we talking kilos of the stuff or just a few pouches ?

I know how to prepare it safely but am interested to know if I can get away with 5 or more kg of the stuff, what do you guys think?

N

Nobby C (ACA)

Anyone????/forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif

Morespiders

Reaction score
Nobby, Slowly -slowly catchee monkey.

Drop 5kg on its head and you will kill the poor bugger.

PS will you be happy with loads of bream?

N

Nobby C (ACA)

Yes I am and I want a viable attractor to nomadics, I've used vitalin in the past and that does bring the bream on, maize is an inexpensive option to pre-bait with and as the flow can be strong at times I'm guessing part of the bait will end up some distance away so I want to keep an area topped up.

There's a lot of threads about maize but I couldn't find one pertaining to quantity without going through them all!

C

Cakey

Ive always found maize fills them up quick then they poo it out and re eat so I would not put a lot in unless theres a lot of fish in your swim

N

Nobby C (ACA)

Ok then, thanks Cakey, I'll give it a couple of scoops and leave it at that,

Cheers for your responses guys.

Reaction score
If the flows strong and you are fishing close in use a bait dropper if possible to start with or one of those melt down pva bags. If the flows to hard the wheat will spread out. I use to mix wheat and maggots in an open feeder when I fished Shillingford making sure I did not crush it in the feeder to hard or else it did not come out.

john anthony bate

Reaction score
i use tons of the stuff on waters with big head of fish 20kgs can go in 2 hours at other times slowly say catapult full every 20 mins is best -less in winter -3 or 4 pieces on a hair with last piece plastic popup works well some days-remember -you can change color and flavor it
john

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
Depends on the stretch.

If its well fished I wouldn't go mad with the quantity. However if its quiet and out of the way - plus has a good head of fish - then there's nothing to loose by 'filling in' and seeing what happens. Trial and error I guess.

Good luck!

Colin W

Reaction score
i would use chick peas instead bud, but remember to soak them for 24 hours before use. 2 on the hair or 1 and a fake peice of maize. scatter some chick peas in the area of your hook bait. its only about 50-80 pence for a packet of dried chick peas which makes about a kilo when soaked. cheep as chips. lol cheaper in fact./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Antony Small

Reaction score
If your using maize, the good thing is what ever you dont use bag up and freeze.

Where on the thames you fishing, ive had some good carp out of the Thames on maize.

O The Pro

Reaction score
im about to start fishing the thames around teddington and ham, ive been advised that 2-3 kilos of bait per week on your chosen spots should do the trick. i would like to bait up with boillies but its just to pricey. any tips would be great!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif