Reel Protectors.

terry m

Reaction score
Do you use reel protectors and if so what type?

I only break my kit down at the end of the season, and I use Trakker reel protectors to stop the reels bashing together too much whilst in my quiver. But whilst they do a job, they are not the best. Has anyone tried the Fox versions, or any other versions that are out there?

Keith M

Reaction score
I use individual padded rod sleeves and attach them to the outside of my quiver, that way my made up rods are fully protected, and the addition of reel protectors is not required.

Keith (BoldBear)

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
I normally use 3/4 length sleeves with tip/top protectors. However, I found that an issue if I chose to take three piece float rods (or the three piece light carp rods I own). For those I bought Shimano rod slings that incorporate both tip protectors and a reel protector. On occasion, I've removed the reel protectors from the rest of the contraption. At the time I bought them, the whole Shimano set up was cheaper than the equivalent Fox reel protector alone.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
For my coarse rods I tend to use the Preston Hard Case individual protectors.

For my fly rods however I only use the neoprene pouch that comes with the reel for protection and find they work very well.