Recommend me a tripod?

Reaction score
hi all. I am looking for a tripod for a one or two rod setup.The kind suitable for fishing rivers such as the trent that get the rod tip up, not your usual carp type pod.
Can anyone reccomend one out there? preferably not too expensive as like everyone times theybe a hard!
Thanks for any input.

Reaction score
Thanks for that Fred,does is come ready to go? just been looking at the scud just now and i had to pay extra for the bank sticks and was the same price.
I must saytbr2 looks good from what i can see.
24 hour delivery might swing it too as i need one for wednesday.

F

Fred Bonney

It is ready to go, you may want to consider the additional option for spreading the rods

( or try asking them to send that one instead of the advertised one)

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Can you enlarge on this Fred-good point etc over others on the market-any field test yet by you or others?

Is the basic TBR 2 powder coated as standard(as they seem to offer this as a optional extra for the Narrow Twin Cup)?

It looks good though for the price!

Reaction score
Fred

I was considering buying the TBR2, but then I saw comments from a few people re the PLASTIC screws breaking easily.

Any problems with yours or are some people just ham fisted?

F

Fred Bonney

Tee-Cee, I've field tested it, it's quite flexible on height,you can spread the legs easily for stability. My only problem, was that I didn't like my rods parallel ,that was when the option was pointed out to me(on here I think) which allows the rods to be splayed.

Oh,yes my one is powder coated, but I've had it a couple of years,so don't know if it's TBR2 or 1 !

Well Matt, if anybody is ham fisted it's me, and my screws are ok, don't overtighten them.

F

Fred Bonney

It was on here

I tried to put a review on some time ago ,and got the message back that it will be looked at, as it was a new product.

I also did the Young's Travel barbel, that got the same message and they've not shown yet!

S

Shrek

The one's in "The War of the Worlds" looked very useful.........!!!!

Reaction score
Thanks for all your info Fred.it should be here on monday so at least my rods will now be stable while i dont catch!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Paul-Oh ye of little faith!!

Be positve and go forth with new pod-after an hour or so the alarm will sound,the indicator will rise to the rod butt and the new pod will be christened-I can see it all now............

Later,over a nice cup of tea,when the 30lb Carp has slid back into the depths you will stop for a moment,smile and think what a good chap ol'Fred is..............................well,one can dream eh??