Quality landing net

quietdave

Reaction score
Hi , looking to purchase a new landing net , big Tench and Carp to 25lb , so definitely don't need 42" arms ; am considering Chris Brown 36" stalker carp , Korum latex Barbel spoon , Gardner pan net - any users / owners?
opinions and feedback most welcome

john step

Reaction score
I have one of those Korum circular nets that fold in half in the largest size.
Have used it for a year with no problems for medium carp to high teen and tench.
I must say that it may be that I am ham fisted or just plain clumsy but I have never had a net last longer that about 3 years regardless of make so this one may be the one to last. Hope so:)

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have the korum Barbel spoon, but in hind sight I wish I had gone for the gardener one, much better build quality IMO. If you are after the smaller match pan type net then you can't get better than the Preston range, I have two sizes of the latex ones and they are of superb quality! :)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have the korum Barbel spoon, but in hind sight I wish I had gone for the gardener one, much better build quality IMO. If you are after the smaller match pan type net then you can't get better than the Preston range, I have two sizes of the latex ones and they are of superb quality! :)

I wouldn't bother with the Gardner Mark, they're not as good as your korum. I've found the net rips very easy (on two nets) and the actual alloy spoon isn't very strong either. Also the little screws holding the spoon into the block keep coming loose....not good at all.
Drennan nets are probably one of the better options but I reckon i'd stick with the korum. Next net head I get will deffo be a korum.

robtherake

Reaction score
Another vote for the Korum; strong and (so far) hard-wearing. Plus it dries quickly so doesn't stink the car out.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn't bother with the Gardner Mark, they're not as good as your korum. I've found the net rips very easy (on two nets) and the actual alloy spoon isn't very strong either. Also the little screws holding the spoon into the block keep coming loose....not good at all.
Drennan nets are probably one of the better options but I reckon i'd stick with the korum. Next net head I get will deffo be a korum.

It was a few years ago when I took a look at the Gardener one tigger, only bought the Korum one because it was Easily available in my local shop last year. Has the quality of the gardener gone down hill then? They looked ok back then, and I have also noticed that quite a few folk say they are good, but those reviews were also a few years ago.

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think i've had mine about 5 or 6yrs now Mark, although I haven't used it much otherwise it would have fell to bits. The one i've used most is a TFG net that came in a free stink bag. It's ok but still nothing special. As I said, when I get a new net it will be a toss up between a drennan and a korum...but I think korum will be the one I plump for.