top 5 boilies

moody

Reaction score
anybody wanna put their neck on the line and give me their favorite boilie choices? go on i dare ya!!!

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
no problem 1st mainline fusion 2nd source 3rd premier baits matrix 4th dynamite tiger nut 5th mainline the cell, i would take any of these baits anywhere and fish with confidence

R

Roto Fryer

ok here goes commercial baits

1. M-Tech (great bait)

2. Matrix (personalised)

3. Black Squid

nothing else i really rate except if i was in the UK I'd be on UCN's Enzyme

moody

Reaction score
definately i would put mainline fusions up there somewhere!! confidence bait that although i stopped using them because i found that almostevery other living thing in the lake liked them too but thats not such a bad thing eh!?

C

Cakey

1........Solar squid and oct

2........Solar squid and oct

3........Solar squid and oct

4........Solar squid and oct

5........Solar squid and oct

Pete

Reaction score
1) Premier Aminos, it's all I use now

I know you didn't ask for bottom of the list (i.e do not touch with a barge pole) but I'd nominate Dynamite Fresh Fish.

Weird because is used to be sooooo good last year.

Luke Thomas

Reaction score
1) Baitcraft T1

2) Mainline Fusion

3) Richworth KG1

4) Any Edge Baits

5) Mainline Pro-Active Pineapple

F

Frothey

so what we can conclude is that any bait currently popular in the magazines will catch a carp, its when andwhere you put it that counts.

R

Roto Fryer

but will they continue to catch carp Dave?

What, I feel, is being asked for here is our most consistent catchers.

You know the score, same set up, same swim, different baits.

You also know as well as I do that some baits will always out fish others.

Most commercial baits are crap and designed to make a vast profit.

F

Frothey

exactly - you know how "bad" a few of the baits above are...... and they go on catching......

its the old Harefield Tutti syndrome isn't it? Funny thing is people are paying more for some of the "crap" baits than they can for some of the decent ones - how much can you get hold of Amino's which has been catching for what - 15 years now? And how much for some of the more how shall we say "commercial" baits....

catch

Reaction score
mainlines maple 8

active 8

source

tigernut dynamite

richworth tutti

Spoddy Dave dst

Reaction score
richworth tutti frutti..never lets me down

and source usually when your not sure whats been fed in, in the past

paul tant

Reaction score
ultimate carp nutritions ....enzyme .

ultimate carp nutritions .....moonfruit .

ultimate carp nutritions .....spicezyme.

my own mix .

quest ......................fruity trifle pop ups.

Luke Thomas

Reaction score
The baits that have been listed are baits which have been tested with good results, its what the bait emitts which catches the carp.

The ones i listed are ones i have done well on.

Baitcraft T1 has been created and tested in harefield which is the area i live in (or just abouts) It is a rich bait with a a subtle but effective smell and flavour.

Edge baits are shelf life and have accounted for many fish over the linear complex and nearly everywhere else it has been introduced.

The mainline baits are an instant bait which is designed to catch the carp quickly. On my syndicate water alot of people (including myself) use Odyssey XXX but with it being a very "food" bait it takes time to become established,so it comes into its own once the carp have accepted it... dont get me wrong it will work straight off but not as effectively,which is why i didnt mention it. The baits i have listed are baits i would be confident to take to any water and be happy with. Which in essence is what this thread is about in my opinion.

R

Roto Fryer

Take note of Mr Tant.

we could go back to Kevin Maddox's tests a good few years ago.

Some baits were avoided for a month after first eating!

food baits all the way for me although I had a French 40 on a Zenon Bjoko(?)

fruit bait.

F

Frothey

think how many fourties, fifties and sixties have come out on a little bit of plastic though Roto..... home and away....

R

Roto Fryer

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Frothey wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>think how many fourties, fifties and sixties have come out on a little bit of plastic though Roto..... home and away....</blockquote>ok, carp are stupid and we are more stupid /forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif