Steve2020

Reaction score
Hello people, I'm Steve from Stafford I've been fishing for 38 years or so but have mainly fished puddles both small and large. I'm now getting the bug for river fishing mainly my local sow although I'm desperate to get my backside down on the Severn in Shrops. I also enjoy amateur videography which I like to combine with my fishing.

Sent from galaxy S3

mick b

Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

Fishing rivers.......greatest sport on earth, anyone can fish a pond, but it takes skill to fish a river :D

Amateur fishing videos.:eek:........hopefully for your own eyes........we already have one manic self promoter so please please please don't be like him...:eek:mg:

Steve2020

Reaction score
Cheers Derek, lord Paul.. Mick the videos aren't for my eyes only but they probably should be :)

Sent from galaxy S3

hunters moon

Reaction score
:)welcome steve and also welcome to the SEVERN a truly wonderful river I know you are going to have great days fishing her.
so I wish you tight lines for the new season.
H/M :).

Steve2020

Reaction score
Thanks hm I'm sure you're right, plenty of good days to be had whether I catch or not

Sent from mobile using tapatalk

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Welcome, mate - I was born in Stafford and still have family there. Can one still fish the canal at the Trumpet Inn, Radford?

Used to walk there from St Leonard's Ave where my Aunt lived. Happy days!! Used to be stone loach in the canal then too :)

Anyways, welcome

Phil :)

Steve2020

Reaction score
Cheers Phil, yes the canal at the trumpet now called the Radford bank is a cracking stretch of the staffs worcs the pegs near the boat club at widwood hold some nice chub and bream, Izaak Walton control a fair old stretch of it. I know St Leonard's avenue very well as I'm only living 100 years from it.

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Small world, mate - caught my first ever fish, a bullhead, from the Sow and then gudgeon, loach, roach, skimmers etc from the canal. Happy days, mate.

All the best, mate.

Phil. :)

Steve2020

Reaction score
Nice 1 Phil,
Happy days indeed, I think with us anglers it has to be something that's hard wired in our make up, I think once we get the bug it never leaves us.