How did you get on?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
As predicted I got totally battered today at Alders farm.
Enjoyed it anyway. Again the sidewind made it really tricky for me, even on the pole short (7m) Mainly carp to c.8lb and a few skimmers for 37lb.
Winner had 174lb.
19 fished.

How did you get on?

nicepix

Reaction score
Fished the Vienne a few kilometers upstream of Chez Nous and couldn't buy a bite. Fished a different swim to last time for a couple of hours then moved down to the same swim and didn't have a touch. Not even nuisance bites from chub. Really odd as the day seemed to be spot on - overcast with a threat of rain and very mild. The dog was a PITA, fidgeting all the time and when I got back to the car it had been used as target practice. Both door mirrors had been splattered by bird chit. Nowhere else, just the mirrors :confused:

Only saving grace is that I had caught two moles in a customer's garden before I started fishing, so it wasn't a total blank.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Due to other commitments the last time I fished was Thursday. Rather chilly first thing but fish up in the water looked promising although this didn't result in fish... In the end I tried floating crust under a tree with overhanging branches and although I had a very silent take and hooked a decent fish the branches proved to be my downfall - drat!!

Oh, the 'silent' bit is my word for a carp which manages to remove a 2" square of thick crust from the surface without a sound. I wish I could say I was dozing and missed the take but not so...it just disappeared without a sound.
A nice day though with plenty of time to think about the coming season, big tench and even bigger roach.................................................

C

chefster

Fished a match at Grebe pool at Wolvey on Thurs,never been before so was expecting to learn a few lessons....drew an end peg- 19,caught solid all the match to weigh in 108-0-0-..42lb of carp and 66lb of silvers-for the win..2nd was 85-0-0,3rd was 58-0-0,excellent days fishing-going back in 2 weeks!! Saturday at Arden was a different story though,got absolutely battered by Keith"Shallowman" Haynes who won the match with 144-0-0,2nd was 122-0-0,3rd was 92-0-0....then me with a lowly 78-0-0,then weights went down...Barby Banks next thurs..Cheers Gaz

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Work Party this morning, really good turnout and great banter. It's about the only time we get together during the season.

Fished on afterwards with one other member. He had a 20-08 Mirror after about an hour, I had a 7-08 a little while later. Became overcast and went dead.

Was packing up and had turned off the alarm, about to wind in when the spool stared to spin. A very hairy battle with the fish almost reaching the snags a few times resulted in a beautiful 26-08 Mirror.

Celebrating with a glass of Burgundy as I write this.:w

Stu

Last edited:

badgeroo

Reaction score
Fished Worcester and Birmingham canal at blackpole on saturday, had a good day at last, plenty of small, gudgeon, roach, skimmers and perch. surprisingly all in good condition. We have had a lean time fishing since moving back up here and just glad to see a few fish.
I was steadily getting bites and fish on the pole and my lad was sat wondering what to do when all of a sudden after half an hour he hooked into his first canal fish.

This marked the start of his day with plenty of fish - oh and an eel
check the quality!

And an eel

Things are looking up!:thumbs::thumbs:

Last edited:

neil1970

Reaction score
A bit short of time this week, but I managed to fit in a couple of speedy sessions.

One hour on a local pond resulted in 15 small Rudd a couple of days a go.

I managed to get out for a quick hour and a half on the canal today; trying out drop shotting for the first time. I only got one take, a perch,which came off at the surface and then hung around to look at the lure for a few seconds.:)
Definitely a method I'll be trying again soon.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Fished a local gravel pit for some more up in the water carp today, 8.30-2.30. High pressure, cloudless sky during the session and hardly any wind to ripple the water made it hard going – the water’s still quite cold and the fish are yet to compete for offerings. Five carp, mainly small/mid doubles, with a small 20 thrown in. (Also an up in the water snotty, shows just how uncooperative the carp were)

mlake_zpsde9ce93a.jpg