Hs2

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
How will this effect fisheries in your area

At least 2 commercial fisheries will be bought up and closed if HS2 goes ahead , then there are several small private ponds and fishing club ponds that will go that I know off in my area

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I'm all in favour of it. NO I'M NOT. A waste of money, should spend three times as much and make it a proper maglev railway travelling at speeds up to 500 mph. London - Manchester 40 minutes, a railway for the future.

Whhhhhoooooooooooooooosh - "Ah that must have been the 12:15."

"Sorry, did I miss it?"

terry m

Reaction score
A great sign, I may just pitch up at Penrith Station and try my luck!!

On a serious note, didn't I read somewhere that this will affect several waters in the Colne Valley, including Savay?

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

On a serious note, didn't I read somewhere that this will affect several waters in the Colne Valley, including Savay?

They are on every Station Terry, but traveling as much as I do on the trains, it wasn't till someone posted this on Facebook that I took notice of how the sign was worded, I bet the person that designed that notice had a right wicked mind ;) :D

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro

Yes it will...the numpties who dreamed this up think they are going to put Hs2 right over the top of Savay on stilts. That'll work then.

I suggest Fat Dave & his mate next door [The Artful Dodger] use the money to balance the UK books instead of chucking it at this pointless nonsense. But then I'm sure their mates to whom the contracts have been promised would be very upset. 800 lorries a day through a junction that can't even cope with 10 cars & and a bus.

Pure speculation on my part [of course] but I can think of any number of better ways to spend £80 Billion than getting fat cat shire dwelling banker footpads to their plush city office & obscene bonuses 15 minutes quicker.

Grrrrrrrr !

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes it will...the numpties who dreamed this up think they are going to put Hs2 right over the top of Savay on stilts. That'll work then.

I suggest Fat Dave & his mate next door [The Artful Dodger] use the money to balance the UK books instead of chucking it at this pointless nonsense. But then I'm sure their mates to whom the contracts have been promised would be very upset. 800 lorries a day through a junction that can't even cope with 10 cars & and a bus.

Pure speculation on my part [of course] but I can think of any number of better ways to spend £80 Billion than getting fat cat shire dwelling banker footpads to their plush city office & obscene bonuses 15 minutes quicker.

Grrrrrrrr !

Well said sir, great post ;)

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Is there anything or anyone we anglers like?
Canoes, birds, bird watchers, cycles, boats, environment agency, the prime minister, the chancellor, all politicians, hydro schemes , windmills and now trains.
What have I left out? must be plenty.

Now here is a list of what and who we like:-
Nope, cant think of anything.
Have a go. must be something.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Is there anything or anyone we anglers like?
Canoes, birds, bird watchers, cycles, boats, environment agency, the prime minister, the chancellor, all politicians, hydro schemes , windmills and now trains.
What have I left out? must be plenty.

Now here is a list of what and who we like:-
Nope, cant think of anything.
Have a go. must be something.

i like birds (feathered kind and women) - hate everyone else:D

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The line is supposed to be going through parts of Hardwick Hall park, we already have the M1 going overhead, all we need now are contractors coming in and destroying what bit of countryside we have left :mad:

floatfish

Reaction score
Then we have the other school of thought, " Scrap HS2" white elephant that it is.
If extra rail capacity is needed why not do as some already suggest rebuild
the old Great Central. Track bed and a lot of infrastructure still in place.

Said to be about 30/40% cheaper.! Better ways to spend the spare cash.!

Rivers etc could always do with more money.!!!

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
That was the question, so let's try to steer clear of the political slant/comments please.

I take it that was directed at me and I hereby promise to play nicely from now on...though IMO the whole HS2 concept is political and I dont see how you can have a debate about it and not consider the political aspects.

As for the effect on fisheries I can only speak to the bits local to me that can look forward to HS2 thundering past. Savay and [I guess] adjacent waters [like Harefield] will be seriously affected,not least because you wont get within a country mile of them if this nonsense goes ahead. Access will be severely restricted at best...probably denied completely and goodness knows how much tom tit will end up in the Colne and GUC.

And this is going to go on for years before the virtually empty trains start pulling proudly into London.

flightliner

Reaction score
Binka, you have the Robin Hood line that I used that runs from Worksop/Mansfield/Nottingham, what more do you need, Hs2 will do you no good.I mean, hs2 is supposed to make jobs but the little guy with the red flag walking in front of the robin hood will have to look elsewhere for something to do.

Last edited: