crazy weather

Big Mad G

Reaction score
Going to small fishery (FLY FISHING ONLY)but its got no NATURAL shelter from wind n rain.Should i admit defeat and stay in doors when its blowing a gale (50mph gusts) ???/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

or

battle on and give it a go./forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

throw a rod in the air if it lands flat...................................................go

if it lands on its end ..........................................................................buy a new one

S

Shrek

If you can get the wind off your back then it's worth going as, in such a strong wind, you'll be able to get a line out.

As long as you're warm and dry then I don't see why you shouldn't go.

I'd be fishing today if it weren't for the wind having blown the fence and half the other things in the garden down.

Big Mad G

Reaction score
YEEEEEEEEEEHAAA, JUST BACK FROM POTTERSHAW FISHERY (UP THE M8-JUNCTION 4TOWARDS EDINBURGH).

WHAT A DAY/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

CRAZY CRAZY WINDS FOR MOST OF THE DAY, THEN ABOUT 3 ISH IT DIED DOWN TO A GALE.

TRIED THE DRY FLY (CDC'S, DADDIES AND ANYTHING ELSE THAT WOULD FLOAT) BUT NOTHING CAME NEAR.

QUICK PANIC CALL TO FATHER FOR SOME ADVICE AND WOW-BOTTLE OF WHISKY GOING HIS WAY.

TALK ABOUT A MIXED BAG. 2 PERCH, 3 SMALL PIKE, 2 RAINBOWS ABOUT 3LB THEN LOST ONE RIGHT AT THE DEATH WHEN LINE SNAPPED AT THE FLY, MUST HAVE BEEN CLOSE TO 5LB.

GOOD OLD DAD-TOLD ME TO GO BACK TO THE OLD FAITHFUL, THE ACE OF SPADES (GOLDHEAD) /forum/smilies/party_smiley.gif