Rod licence

aebitim

Reaction score
Purchased my rod licence from the local post office as usual, nearly 2 weeks later there is no sign of the licence, my paper reciept is not going to last much longer, anybody else had this? Resist buying on line as the local shop is there and provides a service I value and every little helps financially.

carlosd

Reaction score
27th of last month I bought mine and still no sign.

I'm going to the post today to question it

Carl

sam vimes

Reaction score
Judging by the chatter on other forums, there seems to be at least two problem periods. The first is early March, just after the reminders arrived. The second was as the beginning of April approached. It seems that most that bought between those periods got their licences in a few days, I certainly did.

I doubt that ringing, or visiting, the post office will do anyone having problems much good. It's the EA that most of the issues stem from, provided you manage to navigate the Post Office website successfully. The EA blamed the early March delays on printer issues.

Give the EA a ring and have all the appropriate details handy. Chances are that they'll just send you a duplicate licence. Next year, avoid buying (on line or over a PO counter) just after the renewals go out and just before April the 1st.

Reaction score
Ordered mine on-line beginning of March...hadn't received it by end of March. Contacted the post office through whom it was bought. Got an email saying nothing to do with them...contact the Environment Agency. Now excuse me to buy the thing on line you have to use the PO web page!!! Anyway nice lady at EA said that I had paid...I knew that I do check my account. Said she would send me a replacement but I could fish anyway ...we all have a unique ID number which carries over it you renew annually(it's on back of your licence). I keep the number on my mobile!

So I've got it..yesterday....but never had such a delay before. Suppose they are having staff reductions.

Reaction score
When I was a kid I used to go to the Water Board Office near the Sheffield Castle market and they would issue the Yorkshire license right ther and then. I could get the p e for the trent there too.

B

binka

Did mine online via the Post Office upon receiving the reminder and got it within three or four days :)

Previous years have been a few weeks wait though... :confused:

ru123

Reaction score
Looks like I must have applied at a lucky time received it within 3days,applied on march 10th.:)

slaphead

Reaction score
Did mine on-line before my old one had expired, must have been lucky cos it arrived a few days later.

So no problem.

aebitim

Reaction score
Thanks chaps, have now lost the paper reciept [surprised it lasted so long] lesson learnt and fingers crossed.

hunters moon

Reaction score
:) did mine as soon as I got the reminder had had to do it over the phone as
a few years ago our village post office was closed :( but I got mine in just a few days nice picture of old tinca on this seasons

badgeroo

Reaction score
Just to add I bought 2 at the post office on 7th April and up till now have not received them!:eek:hno::eek:hno:

Laurie Harper

Reaction score
Still waiting for mine (applied 31 March). Had moved, so couldn't just renew online, according to the website. I'm making sure I carry the mobile, so I can show the email confirming I've paid.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Still waiting .
Paid by DD no license yet .

spoke to the EA a couple of weeks ago ( probably more like 4 weeks now) there have been problems with the PO online system and seems now as thou there is a problem printing then new cards ..from what i have heard ..

thumb spinning is getting boring . :rolleyes:

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I was under the impression the EA bailiffs had a gizmo with them that enabled an instant check to be carried out ?
Whatever, as long as you have the dedicated number/and receipt given at the time of purchase I don't see any problem, and let's face it, when was the last time your licence was checked. From memory I've been checked once in 10/12 years !!

seth49

Reaction score
My mate didn't have is with him once,ea bailiff just asked for his house no and post code,checked him on his mobile in seconds.
The receipt says it's only valid for twenty eight days.
Still waiting for mine.

michaels

Reaction score
I ordered mine on-line on the 17th March, received confirmation. Chased it up twice on phone, each time standard, we are experiencing problems, if you haven't received it in 10 days please call back, but carry your confirmation and ID when you go fishing.....:confused::confused:

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I applied on 26th March and have receipt numbers etc so I can fish...However, I have just checked my bank account and the £18 payment has not been taken.
I have looked for an email address to contact them as I like to have a record of such things but it looks as though I will have to phone them today.

I assume the contact number is 03708 506 506 and this is a paying number(?)..Perhaps an 0800 number would be good (possibly with a recorded message?) if they are having supply problems!

I suppose it'll sort itself, eventually!