If your dream could come true.

hunters moon

Reaction score
if your dream could come true and you landed a british record what fish would
it be and what method would you have used.
not an easy question I know but mine would have to-be the roach, big roach haunt my dreams and the method used is trotting a stick float down a long glide using a centre pin reel .

....I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret.
....Roderick haig-brown.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I have been there and done that. Records mean nothing any more, and are not worth all the BS that goes with it, Trust me, I know.

andreagrispi

Reaction score
Well, put it another way - I would love to catch a 4lb+ true roach off a river....especially a smallish river like the Nidd, Yorkshire Derwent, Great Ouse etc.

paul1234

Reaction score
Gudgeon all the way!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicepix

Reaction score
I wouldn't know what a record weight was for any species these days. And in the event I wouldn't have been able to claim it even if I wanted to, which I don't.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I have been there and done that. Records mean nothing any more, and are not worth all the BS that goes with it, Trust me, I know.

I wouldn't mind finding out,Ray. I suspect a record roach,on the float from a river is most people's Holy Grail. Its certainly mine but I doubt I'll ever have to worry about the BS consequences.

But I carry a decent hat with me at all times just in case ! :D

terry m

Reaction score
For me definitely the Pike, but definitely not from Chew or another trout water.

Preferably from my local Avon or Stour.

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Another vote for pike, but it would have to be on a lure. Sadly it will have to remain a dream as I dont fish anywhere these days that realistically hold a fish of those proportions.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind finding out,Ray. I suspect a record roach,on the float from a river is most people's Holy Grail. Its certainly mine but I doubt I'll ever have to worry about the BS consequences.

But I carry a decent hat with me at all times just in case ! :D

Do they do hats that size :wh ;).

It was my Holy Grail also Skippy, and i am happy that i did it. Should i ever be lucky enough to catch another record, trust me, i wouldn't bother making a claim, put it this way, I trust the record committee as much as the Angling Trust. You know how much i love them. :eek:mg:

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Another vote for pike, but it would have to be on a lure. Sadly it will have to remain a dream as I dont fish anywhere these days that realistically hold a fish of those proportions.

Derek

Very true Sir, very true. Very few waters have fish of record proportions, and if they do, catching them is a different matter altogether. The sight of a massive specimen laying in the net is something i will never forget. I just hope others get to see the same sight.

trotter2

Reaction score
I don't think record fish have the same credibility any more, Mans intervention has made the record books a bit of a nonsense subject. Once a 5lb tench was something to talk about.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
With apologies to Martin Luther King.

"That a fish, a mere, measly, pea-brained, dead-eyed fish, whether little or large, can just be fished for and enjoyed and not be turned into some to-be-fought-over and to-die-for product."

Dream on.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Not being all that concerned with record fish, but still having a dream I wish to come true . . . . . . .

So, anyone out there who might happen to know Laurianne Gillieron at all well maybe you'd like to give her my number?

"Call me""

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Good call, Peter.

If anyone can help me out with Oona Chaplin, I'd be very grateful.