How did you get on?

nicepix

Reaction score
I didn't get chance to go. Won't be fishing again until the end of the month. Some people have no idea how busy we retired folk are. :)

We've got relatives coming over in a couple of days so its all hands to the pumps getting ready for them. They are here for a couple of weeks on a working holiday helping us out with various jobs. When they fly back to the UK on the 29th Little Wife is going with them for a 9 daysholiday. Then I can go of in the camper van for a few days mullet fishing. :thumbs:

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Took my Father to the National Memorial Arboretum for the unveiling of the memorial to the Battle of the River Plate. He was on the Ajax. Really excellent ceremony, lunch and presentation, the Old Man really enjoyed it. So no fishing this weekend, will be out again over Easter.

Made me think though, what is the fishing like on the Plate/Parana? Anybody know?

Georgeous looking fish Binka.

Stu

B

binka

Georgeous looking fish Binka.

Stu

Cheers Stu, good on yer mate.

Must admit it was a really striking fish on the bank, it's once in a blue moon i'll go out to target the carps as I don't fish commercials (not knocking 'em mind) and so I don't come across that many but I can see why some get hung up on 'em.

I'll definitely be giving it another go or two before the rivers open again :)

neil1970

Reaction score
That is a nice fish Binka.

I had a speedy 1.5 hours on the canal, dropshotting again.

This time I managed to catch something - a small perch.:eek:

I must say that I'm enjoying this method of fishing, nice and active, covering a lot of water; great for short sessions.

B

binka

Simon's conspicuous by his absence, I hope he's recovered enough to tell us what knackered him out...

C'mon Simon don't keep us all in suspenders :D

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Sunday. Up at 6 after attending a stag night the night before..
Drove to Horsham, about and hour. Started loading my barrow and noticed I'd forgotten my bag. In said bag was my bait, sarnies, flask and cups for my cupping kit.
DOH!
Paid my £25 and drew a **** peg, and also drew scales...
Managed to get a couple of pints of maggots and a cereal bar , 2 bags of crisps, a banana and an apple from kind club members.
Having no reels made things worse so I poled it all day.
The carps were big and I lost a few, hooks straightened out, rigs mullered etc.
Then the weighing in tripod only had 2 legs and the sling only had one hook so weighing in was
postponed until everyone in the other section was weighed.
Got 6 in the end for 22lb and nowhere.
Fished all day today on Marsworth res with a mate and both of us blanked!!!
Happy days...

barbelboi

Reaction score
Sunday. Up at 6 after attending a stag night the night before..
Drove to Horsham, about and hour. Started loading my barrow and noticed I'd forgotten my bag. In said bag was my bait, sarnies, flask and cups for my cupping kit.
DOH!
Paid my £25 and drew a **** peg, and also drew scales...
Managed to get a couple of pints of maggots and a cereal bar , 2 bags of crisps, a banana and an apple from kind club members.
Having no reels made things worse so I poled it all day.
The carps were big and I lost a few, hooks straightened out, rigs mullered etc.
Then the weighing in tripod only had 2 legs and the sling only had one hook so weighing in was
postponed until everyone in the other section was weighed.
Got 6 in the end for 22lb and nowhere.
Fished all day today on Marsworth res with a mate and both of us blanked!!!
Happy days...

roflmao.gif

badgeroo

Reaction score
sorry peter, you probably won't be happy but I went on my sons rugby tour to Cornwall from Friday to Monday and I can't remember a thing!!:guinness::guinness:
Back to it next weekend:thumbs::thumbs:

neil1970

Reaction score
yesterday : 6 hours float fishing and dropshotting with a mate resulted in 6 tiny bream (on the float, obviously) and slght sun burn.

today: met simon on the canal, dropshotting, float and quivertip fishing, resulted in nothing apart from a carp that snapped Simons hooklength when he was fishing the whip. Lovely day though.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Hummm well what should have been a nice afternoons fishing was totally frelled up by Canada freeakin geese having a bust up and it seems my choice of pegs was right on the midline between the 2 warring factions .:mad:
Every time i get the fish feeding along come said geese and procede to have a right dingdong even lumps of ground bait launched at them from the catty would not stop them so packed up in disgust with 1 skimmer and 2 pesky perch for all the effort

:(
Not a happy bunny

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Had some reasonable carp to low doubles already this week but I'm bored with it now so I shall try for roach (again) tomorrow.. Actually bored is the wrong word, so let's just say I need a change..

Tomorrow looks to be good weather wise as some cloudy conditions are on the cards which means it will be bright sun and the roach won't feed...

Anyway, I shall be cruising down the Marlow By-pass come 5.30am so it's not all bad and I feel positive about my chances. Whatever, I shall enjoy that first cup of tea in the early morning quiet.....

ps That was some day Mr Crabtree...just as well they don't happen too often eh?

Last edited:

barbelboi

Reaction score
5.30am Tony??? $od that - I shall be leaving about 9am for a leisurely 20 minute drive, the fish can wait until I'm ready.........................;)

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
In hindsight I couldn't agree more......As it turned out it was bl**dy cold at 6am and colder still at 8.30 when the wind got up (and put the surface fish down!) putting paid to any chance of a decent day, fish wise..

Unfortunately I am a very light sleeper so any sleep after 6am is a rarity and this not helped by the pesky blackbird who sits outside our bedroom window and goes for it - big time from around 5.15! No, EXACTLY 5.15 !!

9am Almost the middle of the day Gerry, unless you're one of these types who goes for the 'Full English' with several cups of coffee and a squint at the Times before setting out.......mind you, a lot to be said for that as well!

No, for me early mornings were part of a working day when I had to be on site in London before the workers arrived and to attend meetings before everything went mental (plus have a seat on the train!)...old habits die hard I'm afraid..

barbelboi

Reaction score
Had a leisurely, productive crucian session on one of the club farm ponds today - it's approximately 1 acre with an island in the middle. None of this 'up at dawn' nonsense - T shirt weather from the off..................;)

farmpond414_zpsbf7be092.jpg

nicepix

Reaction score
Go on. Rub it in why don't you?

I'm on visitor duty. We see more of our family now than when we lived in the same town. Once we've through the list of jobs they have come to help with, I'll be their bloomin' tour guide.

Twelve days to the next fishing session.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Go on. Rub it in why don't you?

I'm on visitor duty. We see more of our family now than when we lived in the same town. Once we've through the list of jobs they have come to help with, I'll be their bloomin' tour guide.

Twelve days to the next fishing session.

Moi???..Tony knows the pond well - he just picked the wrong day at the wrong time to go elsewhere..............:D