Fish thieves in court

C

Chris Bishop

Now it's been to court, it seems to have slipped off the radar a bit.

linky

Gary Dolman

Reaction score
I saw an article on BBC TV news this morning, regarding poachers taking trout, is this more serious than coarse fish then?

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Of coarse it is mat. Game fish will always take priority over coarse fish as the rich and privliged own the land the rivers run through.

Wrong i know but true.

Phil Lambert

Reaction score
Like most of you, I'm a bit of a cynic when it comes to having faith in the magistrates' courts and the punishments awarded (or, more pertinently, NOT awarded) for various crimes.

Sorry Cakey, I reckon they'll get a conditional discharge, £20 being far too much for a poor foreigner who doesn't understand English to have to pay. That's if they turn up that is.

Can you imagine the furore, and likely punishment, had these Herberts been found netting andbarbecuing the the Earl of Invercockerary's salmon from the Tweed, Tay or Spey?? The old boy network would likely kick in and the local magistrate would have imposed the most harsh punishment available.

In Norfolk, for poaching bream??? Not a chance.

blankety blank

Reaction score
i must admit, although I deplore the poaching, I do have a rtaher grudging respect for anyone with the stomach to barbeque and eat a bream. Yuck!