The Barbel Show 2014

B

binka

That's Sods Law!

I'm in that neck of the woods tomorrow but a bit off radar for the show date, wouldn't of minded a look in with a great line up like that.

Out of jest...

The venue have laid on extra staff to accommodate the after show get together where attendees are encouraged to make new friends and exchange polite and constructive views...

Ray Wood 1

Reaction score
Binka,
They will be there to protect SP and anyone else who wants to change the CS:eek:mg: (could not resist):):):):):):)

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Don't mention the mahseer....

[ame=http://youtu.be/yfl6Lu3xQW0]Don't Mention the War! - Fawlty Towers - BBC - YouTube[/ame]

Been nice to have talked Aerials with another Paul, however.

rollingpinboy

Reaction score
I am sure my mate Steve or one of the other speakers will be giving a well timed speech on why he/they think the 'Closed Season' needs to be changed or abolished on the grounds of lost fishing time and commercial interests.That would be of prime interest to the members/non members present at the AGM before the show or during the talks! Perhaps a member or two should bring the question up on why Steve, together with Martin Salter(Angling Trust) and other commercially orientated anglers have attempted to seek the opening of the Closed Season recently without consulting the BS members views beforehand. Sounds like a nice arresting day out if you haven't been before.

Last edited:

Ray Wood 1

Reaction score
In the blue corner weighing in at just under a 7 stone weakling fighting for the abolishment of the Close Season Bob Roberts and in his corner Steve Pope who recently changed corners. And in the red corner weighing in as giants Dr Mark Everard and John Bailey fighting as a tag team to keep the close season, and in their corner all those in favour of common sense and the rivers close season.:)

And that’s a wrap as dear old Kenny Everett would say. All done in the best possible taste.:p

Last edited:

Ray Wood 1

Reaction score
That's Sods Law!

I'm in that neck of the woods tomorrow but a bit off radar for the show date, wouldn't of minded a look in with a great line up like that.

Out of jest...

The venue have laid on extra staff to accommodate the after show get together where attendees are encouraged to make new friends and exchange polite and constructive views...

Binka,
I have changed my mind, those guys will be protecting the person who recons that its hard to get the society members to do anyting for it.

You could not make this stuff up, the BS membership should come down on anyone who makes such statements.

Regards
Ray

B

binka

All I can say Ray is that I'm glad I don't know enough about the BS to understand that post, it sounds a lovely place all the same.

Ray Wood 1

Reaction score
All I can say Ray is that I'm glad I don't know enough about the BS to understand that post, it sounds a lovely place all the same.

Binka, you are lucky to not know.
The above was stated by a moron. He don't like me, but as Katharine Tate would say “does this face look bovvered” and I can assure you the feeling is mutual.;)

If there is one thing I can’t stand it’s a liar and a poor one is even worse.:eek:hno:

If the BS floats your boat get on-board, make sure you have a lifebelt though as you may want to disembark rather quickly. Try the show out, it might be for you.:D

Regards
Ray

Last edited:
B

binka

"its hard to get the society members to do anyting for it"

There you go.

Regards
Ray

Thanks Ray, I'm not having a go just curious that's all.

Was that in a thread somewhere on FM?

Do you have a link or full quote from the post showing who made it?

Ray Wood 1

Reaction score
Thanks Ray, I'm not having a go just curious that's all.

Was that in a thread somewhere on FM?

Do you have a link or full quote from the post showing who made it?

Binka,
I never thought for one moment you were having a go. :D:w

Binka,
Sorry been out doing a bit of baliffing on one of my clubs waters where we are having some problems . Answers to both questions No and No, I hope that satisfies cj’s curiosity and all the others you think might be wondering.

Regards
Ray

Last edited:

cg74

Reaction score
Thanks Ray.

So do you have a quote from the full post if it was on FM or a link to it if elsewhere?

I am left wondering why Ray responded to your statement, yet failed to answer the two questions you asked... I'm sure he'll have a good reason though?

B

binka

I am left wondering why Ray responded to your statement, yet failed to answer the two questions you asked... I'm sure he'll have a good reason though?

Yes me too Colin, and I'm sure a few others are too :rolleyes: :)

B

binka

History again raises its head. that's what its about. its about whats behind the post not whats posted.

That's just the thing Crow... we're trying to ascertain who the "moron" is and why, so that we can learn of this history and evaluate for ourselves but with no link, no proper quote and no identity it's all rather difficult.