The magic of rivers

chav professor

Reaction score
Some of you may have read some of my ramblings, seen posts, posted photographs - that sort of thing....

I have made an attempt at a short video sharing some of my inspirations.... The Mill house is now lying derelict, but the window my Father could fish as a young boy is still there....

The Mill itself has been long sold on and developed. The Mill front hides a major office block tacked on behind. Standing as a monument to unrelenting progress it dominates the river view from above stream.

I still come here for moments of reflection.... and the Mill pool? All this progress has largely gone unnoticed by its scaly inhabitants. However, the sights and sound of water remain constant and I reflect on a childhood spent on its banks with a much loved and missed Brother.

The annual Chub migration? well that's only just begun......

Its not perfect, no sound added (didn't want to drown out the subtle background track of birdsong).

feel free to take a look:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83lwsMFV2bI

Ray Wood 1

Reaction score
Some of you may have read some of my ramblings, seen posts, posted photographs - that sort of thing....

I have made an attempt at a short video sharing some of my inspirations.... The Mill house is now lying derelict, but the window my Father could fish as a young boy is still there....

The Mill itself has been long sold on and developed. The Mill front hides a major office block tacked on behind. Standing as a monument to unrelenting progress it dominates the river view from above stream.

I still come here for moments of reflection.... and the Mill pool? All this progress has largely gone unnoticed by its scaly inhabitants. However, the sights and sound of water remain constant and I reflect on a childhood spent on its banks with a much loved and missed Brother.

The annual Chub migration? well that's only just begun......

Its not perfect, no sound added (didn't want to drown out the subtle background track of birdsong).

feel free to take a look:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83lwsMFV2bI

Nice footage, perhaps we should all go somewhere like that an reflect on what we are doing to this world.

Respect
chav professor

chav professor

Reaction score
Many thanks chav professor,
wonderful film i could spend all day watching them chub.:)

Cheers, got a saucepan of hemp on the go for that very reason! Its still early days.... the river is still a bit murkey and that shoal has some special fish missing from its ranks!

It costs me a fortune in pellets too.....

lambert1

Reaction score
Wonderful stuff Chav, it is like we are sitting watching the Chub with you! I will always love rivers above still waters. I am sure it is due the many happy hours I spent as a kid walking along the banks of the Itchen with my Grandad, just spotting fish. It is a wonderful feeling!

rubio

Reaction score
Makes me wonder if scartail is still roaming upstream

laguna

Reaction score
Been busy with the video... river still a bit murky.... but some lumps starting to put in an appearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPheLmKhqhk

fantastic, roll on June!
I have a water proof camera that apparently can take underwater footage but I'm scared of getting it wet now the warranty's ran out! :eek:
It doesn't seem right somehow lowering electronics into the swim does it? :D

chav professor

Reaction score
fantastic, roll on June!
I have a water proof camera that apparently can take underwater footage but I'm scared of getting it wet now the warranty's ran out! :eek:
It doesn't seem right somehow lowering electronics into the swim does it? :D

I WANT AN UNDERWATER CAMERA!!!!!!!! Watch this space..... ;)

jimlad

Reaction score
I have an underwater camera! A full on test is coming in the next couple of weeks!!

I went for the veho muvi npng

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chav professor

Reaction score
look forward to seeing some of that jimlad! Got this idear... a camera on a stick..... thing is, getting it in place without too much agro. They don't tolerate much in the way of disturbance.

the film would have to record long enough for the fish to resettle.....