Tench

jake182

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm after a bit of info on ham pool and franklins lakes in south cerney, I fancy a bit of tinca fishing on them, I was wondering if anyone had any inside advice on what gets them out?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:54 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

Hi all, I'm after a bit of info on ham pool and franklins lakes in south cerney, I fancy a bit of tinca fishing on them, I was wondering if anyone had any inside advice on what gets them out?

Last edited:

paul1234

Reaction score
If they are anything like other tench,red maggots,and halibut pellets!!or corn and hemp!!least thats what the ones i catch have a taste for,I've never had much success with the groundbait approach,if theres lots of smaller fish maybe a small boilie with a pva bag with a few pellets broken boilies whole boilies etc would work!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jake182

Reaction score
I was thinking down the red mag route, went last week with hemp and corn and caught nothing but bream, which I'm not complaining about but it wasn't what I was after, I didn't really know about the boillies but as its a carp lake I might set a rod up with that, cheers

paul1234

Reaction score
I was thinking down the red mag route, went last week with hemp and corn and caught nothing but bream, which I'm not complaining about but it wasn't what I was after, I didn't really know about the boillies but as its a carp lake I might set a rod up with that, cheers

No worries,yea if your going down the boilie route,i would just literally use a slightly scaled down hair rig,what size are the tench?and is the lake weedy or full of snags,if fairly clear and not overly big tench,i would just use say a 5lb flourocarbon hooklength,a size 12/14 medium gauge hook and a 10mm boile,and a small 1/1.5oz lead setup,if its snaggy etc,8/10lb flourocarbon hooklength and stronger hooks,
Think really its just a case of trial and error!
You can never go wrong fishing near Lilly pads,reeds,and marginal shelfs!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

terry m

Reaction score
When the weather warms up a little, small (8mm) Richworth Esterberry boilies. Tench absolutely love 'em. 9They smell wonderful too).

jake182

Reaction score
I'll keep it in mind, I never really thought about boillies for tench but I can see why they love em thanks to the bivvie boys