New Cormorant Plans to be Unveiled

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ats holding meeting in SE and SW in the next few months - so us Northern types get no meetings :mad:

I have heard on the leafy grapevine that the Southerners who run anything of importance in Angling as well as everything else believe that all Northerners together with the terrible Cormorants should be shot, Lord Paul.

As Lord Alfred Tennyson wrote in his poem The Charge of The Light Brigade:

Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die

Reaction score
If you venture too near to Wigan then you get sucked into its gravitational pull. I went near there once and became totally lost within the NWs equivalent to the Bermuda triangle. I was 'missing' for hours. In the end I was lucky - I ignored the signs that keep you trapped and an managed to break free and get home. I never went near there again I can tell you.

The bad one

Reaction score
Ats holding meeting in SE and SW in the next few months - so us Northern types get no meetings :mad:
No Paul we don't need them, meetings or ATr to tell us how to deal with cormorants or gooseanders. Or for that matter river habitat management work. Up here we've been quietly getting on with both legally, whilst they've been running about like headless chickens.

Best if they keep well away coz it's sure to be one big ****** if they get involved :mad:

jon atkinson

Reaction score
Don't know why they wouldn't have mentioned the Wigan meeting but I got the following Email this morning:

Angling Trust Members News

April 24th 2014 Angling Trust Logo

North West Forum Reminder

The next North West Forum meeting will be anglers' first chance to meet Angling Trust's new Fishery Management Advisors.
These new advisors will be heading up the new catchment based approach to avian predation and will be presenting an overview of how the management of cormorants and goosanders will change in the future.
The Angling Trust North West Forum
Wednesday May 7th
at
The Crown at Worthington
Platt Lane, Standish, Wigan, WN1 2XF
Tea and coffee served from 6.45pm meeting starts at 7.15pm
Topics covered at the meeting will include
The Future of Cormorant and Goosander management - Angling Trust FMA's
The Catchment based approach to river restoration - John Cheyne & David Hinks
EA Update - Steve Powell
There will be time allocated for attendees to ask the speakers questions about their presentations however we also have a limited time for other issues that attendees can raise at the meeting. If you wish to raise an issue then please submit your question in writing by emailing john.cheyne@anglingtrust.net
The meeting is FREE to attend and OPEN TO ALL. If you would like to attend, please register by emailing our Regions Co-ordinator on john.cheyne@anglingtrust.net
Forward to a friend

I hope that's not 'completely' true about about Wigan Mr Corky - I'm thinking about joining W&DAA - seems good value at £30 :w ...