A Brief Introduction ?

sodthat

Reaction score
Hello to all,
I am about to attempt a brief introduction,which although may sound simple (no comments please), is anything but,as i can talk the hind legs off a donkey when it comes to fishing (i'm not saying i will make any sense or that i'm any good at it)but i do like to talk about it !so here goes.

Firstly,my name is Seán, i live in county cavan about 10 mins drive north of lough sheelin, for those of you who know the area,this is Nirvana to the angling community and i like to participate in all forms.

I grew up in Cheshire in the north west of England and was taught the ins and outs of fishing,by my father, on the ponds,canals and meres of that and neighbouring counties with regular sojournes to wales for trout fishing.

After a brief spell in australia and new zealand (8 yrs) i returned to cheshire for 3 more yrs and then headed to north east scotland for the next 25, and with the exception of the occasional trip to ireland or england, coarse fishing took a back seat and fly fishing for salmon,trout and seatrout,(with sea fishing during the closed season), took over.

10 years ago i came home to ireland and the hardest part of that (aside from trying to meet the mortgage repayments) is trying to decide where to fish, because you're spoiled for choice!

And finally,favourite methods and quarry, if i had to nail it down would be seatrout on the fly followed by tench on the waggler.

There,that wasn't too painful,was it?

thanks for listening, best regards and tight lines

Seán :w

hunters moon

Reaction score
:w welcome sodthat hope you enjoy fm.

....I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret.
....Roderick haig-brown.