whats this fish eating ?

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
hi there was just looking for some info on how much weight a carp can put on im interested as i was just looking at a web site of a fishery i fished this time last where i witnessed my friend catch a 41lb mirror iv just noticed that on luly 5th this year it weighed 44lb 12oz and blow me it came out last week at 51lb 4oz i know they might be on the munch but come on surly not that much would be interested to read what you think if anyone interested which fishery mail me and i will let you know im not sure if its right to start accusing fisheries without 100%proof what do you think

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
the owner says that the fish was weighed on 3 seperate sets of scales iv got to agree with you wobbly it does seem miles to much weight to put on im sure the owner is just looking to get his first 50lber

F

Frothey

depends on the strain, some fish do put on 10lb (and more)in a year - more in some cases. they can easily eat 10% of their own body weight in one sitting, thats why its important to weigh a fish as soon as its landed rather than sacking it for a few hours.....

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
i dont know frothy it still seems a lot of weight to me and why arnt his other fish putting that sort of weight on i mean at the end of the day its up to him what he puts on his website but i dont like the idea hes just trying to promote his fishery by having a fifty in it

F

Frothey

theres always the "genetic freak" in any lake - after all, how many other 40's are in the lake?

some of the car park lake fish hovered around high 30's for years, two or three of which are now 50+

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
theres no other 40s in the lake just a few high 30s thanks for your input anyway frothy and the rest of you i suppose next year it could hit 60lb lol might have to go and have another session cheers for now