Lincolnshire boy. lost in somerset!

ashes68

Reaction score
Hello. Just in the process of moving to Somerset, midsomer Norton area and hoping for some advice on which of the local angling clubs to join. I'm looking for carp lakes and rivers for chub, barbel and carp. Thinking an hour traveling time maybe hour and half. Have to find a job to, but first things first, get the fishing sorted! Any advice greatly appreciated.

badgeroo

Reaction score
Hi ashes68 and welcome to fm.
I have just moved back to worcester from Burnham on sea I don't know much about the midsummer Norton area, but There is some real nice fisheries around burnham. check out these places;
Shiplate Farm Fishery
Emerald Pool
Viaduct Fishery
Summerhayes Fisheries - Somerset
Welcome to Avalon Fisheries' Homepage
I used to fish Apex park in burnham on sea quite a bit it's only £5.00 per day for two rods and we have had some good carp catches. (check our vids!)
Hope you enjoy your time with us!:guinness::guinness:

hunters moon

Reaction score
:):) welcome ashes68 hope you enjoy fm.

....I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret.
....Roderick haig-brown.

ashes68

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome, will check out those links badgeroo. Looked at a couple of small ponds last weekend, OK for a session with my 5 year old daughter. Looks to be plenty of rivers, lakes and ponds. But take some finding when your new to area, thank God for sat nav and Google earth!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and Welcome to FishingMagic.

The Ashes in 1968 was a drawn series, right?
We each won one game and drew the rest, but my old brain cells often let me down on these things . . . . .

aebitim

Reaction score
Welcome mate, an hour and a half puts you on the lower Wye, barbel heaven via the Wye and Usk foundation.

ashes68

Reaction score
Had a look at the lower wye online. Fantastic looking place, if the fishing is half as good as the surroundings I will be spending some time there. As for the ashes68 and cricket, wouldn't have a clue. Rather have all my teeth pulled, glued back in and pulled again than watch cricket! It's my d.o.b and part surname ( I'm not very creative)

Judas Priest

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums and good luck on the move. Personally I wouldn't go anywhere Midsomer Norton, I've seen the tv programmes mate.

ashes68

Reaction score
I know just what you mean Judas, if I see that ¢¥π℅ Bergerac I'm heading back up north!