7.3, 6.2 8.3 Diving in

noutbutacold

Reaction score
Greetings

Thought I'd share this one in the hope that there are other numpties out there who will by sharing their endeavors make me feel a little less 'idiot like'

As it't the close season I thought it time to have another go of 'carp' fishing in that I got out the pod, multiple rods, Bivvie etc etc in order to have a session. Not my normal, lunch box, one rod and a net set up but you have to try new things.

I set up on a little wooden platform, you know the sort and soon had wet lines and a cuppa on the go bliss. a couple of hrs later for some reason or other I stood up, probably just in order to stretch out the legs, stood, admired the view... turned to look across the valley at the hills, and then took a step back straight off the platform straight into the lake.

No idea why I took that step back, just did ended up completely under, noting a couple of walkers and bivvies on the bank opposite I grabbed a rod, and pretended to have one on, before in a overly loud voice "drat it got off". Must have been at least a 40.

As styling it out goes I think I got away with it, as far as the session went stood it about another 40 - 50 mins but as darkness fell and the temperature dropped Hypothermia sent me skuttling for the car...

Over to you

hunters moon

Reaction score
:D DON'T TAKE UP CLIMBING :D

....I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret.
....Roderick haig-brown.

daji

Reaction score
A bailiff of my local club posted the following regarding another member falling in during a match which was quite a good read :D

"Dave (the worm) watkins diving school..At Sundays match at plaums Dave decided to practice his diving skills. He lept from the platform and flew through the air with all the grace and poise of a deranged elephant. Other anglers fishing the match complained that the resulting small tsunami ruined the fishing all around the lake. After we fished Dave out, we did offer Dave a pair of speedo's, as the clothing he was wearing seemed to produce to much drag and impeded his progress through the air. Later when Daves good lady brought him a change of clothes there was a report of a small shriveled up snake on the bank. I grabbed a large stick to batter the offending creature but Dave shouted that it was his pet, a very rare lesser spotted bed snake that he kept in his pocket. His wife reported that she thought it had died years ago as she had'nt seen it in ages....!!! All JOKING ASIDE please be carefull when fishing around the lake. As a slip or a trip can happen to the best of us and that water is still very very cold as Dave will vouch"

slaphead

Reaction score
Join the club, noutbutacold.

I fell backwards off a peg about 3 weeks ago into 18 in of water and mud whilst sat on my stool. :eek:mg:

I bruised my back in 2 places and and cut my arm twice. Luckily it was a warm sunny day so I dried off in the sun.

Caught 3 lovely roach too.

nogoodboyo

Reaction score
Never fell in but came mighty close a few times.
Those comfy platforms sure give you a false sense of security.

Teabreak

Reaction score
Join the club, noutbutacold.

I fell backwards off a peg about 3 weeks ago into 18 in of water and mud whilst sat on my stool. :eek:mg:

I bruised my back in 2 places and and cut my arm twice. Luckily it was a warm sunny day so I dried off in the sun.

Caught 3 lovely roach too.

Now you've posted that you're gonna be plagued by phone calls from lawyers4u. Must be a lawsuit in that

robtherake

Reaction score
Funny, that. Just posted this one on another thread.

http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/1293716-post2.html

I'd have got better marks; I started with a forward roll and ended up upright and facing the opposite direction :D

BTW, I could keep this thread going for weeks. Falling in is a speciality...:eek:mg:

Edit: Is that how you got the cold that comes with your forum nickname?

Last edited:

greenie62

Reaction score
I hope these divers were given a Red Card since - in most matches - a breech of fishery rules is a disqualifiable incident and nearly all fisheries have a No Swimming rule! :D;)

slaphead

Reaction score
Now you've posted that you're gonna be plagued by phone calls from lawyers4u. Must be a lawsuit in that

Someone reversed into our car during a doctors appointment. Since then we've had 42 phone calls from ambulance chasers, even though there was no-one in the car at the time. :confused:

Teabreak

Reaction score
Someone reversed into our car during a doctors appointment. Since then we've had 42 phone calls from ambulance chasers, even though there was no-one in the car at the time. :confused:

Doesn't matter if you weren't in the car, you can get whiplash just thinking about it. Happens all the time. ;)

pidgergj

Reaction score
Never been in but was close on my last trip, i was leaning over to put a bankstick in the water, stumbled and was saved by the bankstick digging in!
I often take my 8 year old and the mrs insists he wears a flotation jacket.