Fishy film....

lambert1

Reaction score
Lovely to see Christian, the rivers round my way are almost back to their winter state after a monumental downpour yesterday:( Still lovely sunny day today and hopefully by the time the season starts they will be back to their normal summer selves. Thanks once again for your efforts, they are much appreciated.

hunters moon

Reaction score
:):)professor you are doing it again more close season torture,
:D(what have I ever done to-you):D

wonderful film professor many thanks.

rubio

Reaction score
Finally a fresh flush of water today. That just might be enough to clean up the gravel and get 'em in the mood.
Or you could try singing to them

chav professor

Reaction score
I must admit thinking spawning would have been a very earl affair this year.... May has always been the magic month. Just hope I hit it right!

As promised, uploaded a few stills.

DSC_3037_zpsd16a69c2.jpg

DSC_3041_zpse599d399.jpg

DSC_3055_zpsf5e6e69c.jpg

DSC_3166_zps007b0e0f.jpg

chav professor

Reaction score
Great stuff Christian. Just had a thought, can you get polarized filtered lenses for your camera?

Its an integral it of kit, without one it would not cut through the glare..... Pretty expensive mind! £40 - 60 depending on size of lens..

I'm only limited by the clarity of the water.

Possible, there is better to come.

Bright sunshine seems to give best results - but you have to get to the river at the right time of day.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Superb footage there Christian.

It was interesting to see how quickly those Chub come back on the feed after having been spooked though.

I really liked the sound of the birdsong in the background too.

Brilliant.

chav professor

Reaction score
Superb footage there Christian.

It was interesting to see how quickly those Chub come back on the feed after having been spooked though.

I really liked the sound of the birdsong in the background too.

Brilliant.

Did you notice what spooked them?..... a small leaf, a tuft of weed floating down stream.... amazing

chav professor

Reaction score
Glad its appreciated! ... Today's footage came out particularly well. Good light, better water clarity, well behaved fish!

Otter damage is clearly visible on a few fish.... However, I would have to concede that I would be hard pushed to say otters have decimated our waterways.

Will they in the future? I doubt it.... these are wild fish and know how to handle themselves against fierce predators - Otters and these Chub have co-existed for well over a decade.

Anyway... enjoy.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Xl76XO4so&feature=youtu.be

lambert1

Reaction score
Wonderful stuff again Christian. I know some folk do not like Chub but to me they will always be special. There are some real beauties there!:D:D:D