Ive got the hump again

C

Cakey

walking the dog today at Broxbourne Mill and just about all the swims looked like this
rubbish.jpg

I ended up picking it up myself and dumping it but what really gave me the hump was this was sitting in the car park behind me
rubbish_lorry.jpg

one of Bourgh ofBroxbourne litter lorries ,would he pick it up no

told me it wasnt his duty

and I just like to say if your the angler that left the litter your a f*****g w****r

rant over

Noel80

Reaction score
Makes you mad, doesn't it? /forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

It's a problem with society rather than just fishing. You get a lot of idiots in this world and sadly some of them fish too. It's the fact that people bring tins and cans full of stuff to the lake but then leave it empty afterwards. It just beggars belief. Or they chuck it in the bush behind or into the river etc.

It's everywhere. McDonalds "Drive Thru" meals chucked out of car windows etc. The other day I parked in an area used by dog walkers and families etc. It's by the river but you can't fish that particular area. It's a lovely spot and has been clean all summer. But under a tree was load of KFC packaging. I was livid.

What do you do? If I'm fishing somewhere I'll pick up litter but I'm not going to start cleaning public areas too.

I still think I should have picked it up but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

C

Cakey

the other thing that annoyed me was its a disable swim for wheelchairs which would make it hard for them to get on

C

Colin North, the one and only

Some people have no shame. Both the leaver and the Council Binman. I remember picking up a calor gas hob once, don't know who left it behind, but shame on them.LOL/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

M

mark norris (ACA)

It is f*****g infuriating especially as this has been ongoing in the angling press for30+ years.

I assume these to****s or so called anglers never read or subscribe to this site.

As for the general public,what can you say!!!

It must be education or lack of it.

W

Wolfman Woody

<blockquote class=quoteheader>mark norris (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

It is f*****g infuriating especially as this has been ongoing in the angling press for30+ years.</blockquote>

I won a Shimano reel once from Angler's Mail - Letter of the Week - for a letter about litter.

I wrote in one paragraph - "I feel sorry for these mindless anglers who leave rubbish behind since they obviously cannot function properly on their own. They have everything done for them at home, washing-up, lavatory duties, even wiping their backsides, someone must do it since appear incapable of keeping anything clean and tidy. It's a pity they have to ruin our fishing as well."

That was in 2002.

I've written stuff on litter for Graham since and won f*** all. /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

M

mark norris (ACA)

Well Woody, at least you are winning our admiration which should be reward enough

N

Nobby C (ACA)

I pick up all litter, angling concerned or non-angling, hopefully being witnessed by a non-angler, walker etc. Not trying to come across as a holy joe, it's unsightly, we get criticised regardless off the origin, and if it is witnessed I like to think that someone might be a little more understanding about our hobby. I never lick the stuff mind, am I missing something here?

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
I lived in Germany for 7 years or so as a child and there laws are very tight on littering with big fines and criminal records but they dont have the problem we seem to have. Big fine or no fine, should this really be thought in our heads "if we get caught we will get fined" but unfortunatly this is how it is but there seems to be a a big minority off people who just dont give two s*%ts either way. As for the anglers littering, this will only fuel the anti fishing society groups. Keep Britain tidy, its our great country so lets keep it that way please

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
could it have been a disabled angler?, not saying it was, but whoever it was needs to learn, a great amount of pain might help.

slime monster

Reaction score
idiots like the one cakey cleaned up after are the bain of society ,and are sometimes beyond belief in their blatant disregard for the countryside,one such moron left his peg to come and irritate me on a club lake of which i happened to be contest sec and bailiff, he used the break from fishing to eat his lunch - the wrappings and pop bottle secreted under a bush behind me. he was on his way home in 20 minutes and banned fom the club .

C

Colin North, the one and only

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Cakey wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>ha ha ha cheers Colin......................</blockquote>
Glad you got over your hump mate. Was the dog left in the swim too?/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

One angler went to great lengths tonight, in telling me that if clubs provided litter bins then anglers wouldn't leave litter on the banks.

What kind of world does this Peter bloody perfect live in? Is he so fickle minded to think that the louts would take the trouble to use a bin?

W

Wolfman Woody

And who is going to empty it?

Someone to take away his crap, you see. TAKE IT HOME - IT'S LIGHTER WHEN YOU FINISH.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Baz (Angel of the North) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

One angler went to great lengths tonight, in telling me that if clubs provided litter bins then anglers wouldn't leave litter on the banks.

What kind of world does this Peter bloody perfect live in? Is he so fickle minded to think that the louts would take the trouble to use a bin?</blockquote>

I fished a local park lake on Tuesday, Danson Park in Welling. The council have bins dotted all over the place, but still some dirty b*gger managed to leave a sweetcorn
tin and lid on the bank where I was fishing. The venue is a fairly large lake but the council only permit angling on one side and not for all of that, who can blame them.

On the plus side I bagged up. Loads of; Roach, Two Tench and Five Carp. All on the float and on Roach tackle. The place seemed well stocked I can,t for the life of me understand why anybody would want to jeopardise their future sport by being so stupid and lazy.