bushey park

O The Pro

Reaction score
hello all im just about to join bushey park/hampton court lakes an was just wondering if anyone could share any info on baits an stuff, anything that will help. thanks

Pat Barnes

Reaction score
I mistakenly went into the "Carp Fishing Forum" Don't you think it's time you removed the moronic repartee you sent out during <u>March 2005</u>?If that is an example of what the bushey Park Website is all about, it is no surprise that you haven't received much correspondence since then.

Right. Now, lets havesome sensible suggestions/solutions regardingthe treatment the park anglers get from the dog owners.

Today is the 3rd October. This month,at the Leg ofMutton Pond. I have had:A Fxxx Off. A Pxxx Off and a Bolxxxx. One woman,walking4 dogs,all off their leads, put them in the water next to my rod.The Rottweiler(It had to be a Rottweiler!) went under the butt end of my rod and took 50% of line off the spool. Pointed out (politely) That dogs should be controlled near anglers. Reply: My dogs can go where they like.

Another Woman.(no Ladies about) Quote: "I've been coming here for 20 years. My dog has to swim every day, as it has had an operation.

The Park Police will confirm: That Dogs should be put on a lead, when near anglers. Dogs should not go in the water.

Surely, a simple solution, is a notice at each end of the ponds?

Richmond Parks Penn Ponds had this problem. Amicable solution: ANo Dog Area for Anglers. Everybody happy.

Please givethis Website your support. Even if we have to have a "Whipround" to pay for the notice boards.

Pat. On behalf of Dave& Terry and all the opther regulars at the Leg of Mutton.

O The Pro

Reaction score
Hi pat thanks for the reply, i have been seriously put off joining now as all i hear is compliants such as yours. Its a shame because its so close to work and holds some stunners. There is no way i would be able to put up with people swearing and givin me crap about doin something i love and would probably end up with me casting a 4oz lead at them so its best i stay clear of it. Do you know any parts of the river worth a bash?