Anguilla Anguilla

S

steve2012

Very much so. Later today am fishing a small club lake for Tench and Crucians and on the second rod will go a small Rudd or Roach deadbait no bigger than 3 inches just under the trees

terry m

Reaction score
I used to seriously target eels back in the 70's when a 4lb fish was seen as colossal. Have dabbled a little in recent years but results have been less than ideal.

hunters moon

Reaction score
Anybody on here Eel fans or into Eel fishing?

:)I was indeed back in the 70's, was also a member of the national Anguilla club and fished seriously for eel's in lakes, rivers, canals, ponds and used
raw liver, dead baits-I remember bleak being particularly successful to paste
made with tinned cat food and terry is correct a 4lb eel was seen as exceptional.

hunters moon

Reaction score
:):) terry I remember an Eel being caught in the late 1970's that was
11lbs-2ozs:eek: I wish I could have seen that(terry what a monster)makes my
best look like a bootlace.

....I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret.
....Roderick haig-brown.

P

pointngo

I used to do quite a bit of eel fishing back in the 80's and was a member of the British Eel Anglers Club for quite a few years.

John Sidley kindly put me onto fishing small livebaits on the park lake local to us both (thanks John, wherever you cast your line nowadays :beer:) and they were deadly... I never did catch a 6lb'er though (although I used to dream of a 7+ on the quiet!) :(

Although eel fishing has declined severely there's been some real monsters out over recent seasons... lots & lots & lots of time and effort required with big eels though.

Last edited:

paul1234

Reaction score
Ive never targeted them properly but defo would like to give it a crack 1 day as theres a water i know that holds some rather large ones!!not enough time in a year :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andreagrispi

Reaction score
It's the only species which doesn't do it for me - pity really as I have caught eels to over 4lb and up to 8 in a session which were all above 2lb 8oz.

theartist

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys i was just gauging whether an Eel drawing would be as unpopular as my Crucian Carp one lol but i may as well crack on and give it a go.

Cheers
Rob

terry m

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys i was just gauging whether an Eel drawing would be as unpopular as my Crucian Carp one lol but i may as well crack on and give it a go.

Cheers
Rob

I am no artist, but I would guess that an eel is not an easy subject to draw!

theartist

Reaction score
I am no artist, but I would guess that an eel is not an easy subject to draw!

Should be a doddle compared to most fish as its the scales that take ages, it takes me half the time to draw a leather carp than a common for example.